First Hug!

Nisha's pov:

The way his hands wrapped around me and the hold he had over made me shocked to the core. His embrace was very much unfamiliar yet enticing.

"Thank you so much for letting me know that I'm not a criminal. And, even if I am, you don't see me as one." Saying this, he tightened his hold.

In that moment his arms squeezed a fraction tighter and I breathed more slowly, my body melting into his hold as every muscle lost its tension to the spring air. And what was more shocking was, that it was real, very much real.

I had been hugged before, but never like this. There was something so warm, something that felt right, smelt right. Keeping at bay every hesitation and every awkwardness, I let my body sag, my muscles become loose.

He has always given me the respect of an equal but now, he cradled me like a cherished child. In his embrace, I felt my worries loose their keen sting and my optimism raise its head from the dirt. Perhaps the hope had been there all along, but without some push it was trapped, like crystals in a stone. I felt him brush my hairs back with his piano player fingers and kiss my crown, making my eyes go more wide, if that's even more possible.

The moment his lips touched my crown, I stiffened and that was when he retreated back. His eyes the always held that professionalism and demanding attitude, right now were soft and warm as if he was only mine for that moment.

But, that's never possible. We'll never share a loved relationship like other couples.

My mood took a 180 degree change as soon as this thought crossed my mind. All the reality came by flashing to me. I wasn't disappointed by this but, I knew that it's a fact. I am not upset. I'm just trying to make amends with my life still. In this process to save myself from any emotional damage, I have to build shield for myself and my heart and assure protection from the harmful feelings.

Detaching myself from his arms, I withdrew my hands from his back and created a distance between us.

"Uh... I'll look after the dinner." Saying this I stood up from the couch but, had to stop my legs from moving feeling a tug on my wrist.

Looking back, his big hand held my small wrist and staring intently at me he said, "Let's go out for dinner tonight."

"Uh....why? Did you not like the lunch today?" I asked hesitantly.

"Hey, it's not that. It's just that today's a very happy day. Let's celebrate it outside."

"Ohh. Okay."

"Then, let's go. You go and get ready. I'll also change quickly." Looking at his watch, he said, "Let's leave in 30 minutes."

"Okay." Saying this, I waited for him to leave my hand so that I could leave to my room but, he didn't seem to notice yet.

"What happened? Go and get ready." He said.

"I would, if you leave my hand." I mumbled slowly but, enough for him to hear.

"Ohh. Sorry. I didn't notice." Saying this he immediately left his hold and rubbing the back of his neck embarrassingly, left for his room.

Involuntarily smiling at him, I left for my room, only to land in a greater stress.

What do I wear?

Beleive me or not, this is my first time going somewhere outside to eat. I have never visited a restaurant before. So, now is a worry for me to decide what to wear, how to behave, what to do and especially, when I'm with my husband. It'll be the first time I'm going out with him.