Chapter 18

Music filtered through the speakers, filling the room with a bunch of noise. The light was barely on as the main source came from the bright TV screen that was hung onto the wall.

Changbin sat there typing different lyrics into his phone. He had been working hard on his own song. Jisung had added his own songs to albums many times while Changbin had not.

In the album they would be released later, he had actually worked on a song with Chan. This one he wanted it to be all by himself.

Chan provided an instrumental for him as lyrics flooded his brain. Ideas would constantly pop up and he would quickly enter them into his phone.

Someone knocked on the door. It was pushed open to reveal Chan standing there. He didn't give Changbin his usual bright smile. Instead, it was replaced with a cold serious face.

"What is wrong?" Changbin asked the male.

"Nothing, I just wanted to talk to you about something," the male replied. He moved to sit on the couch placed in the back.

Changbin spun around in the chair to face him. Chan wasn't one for being too serious about anything unless it was something important.

"What is it?"

"I don't want to accuse you of anything. Just listen to me first."

Changbin didn't know what the Australian was rambling about. He gave him a slight nod, wanting to know what the leader would ask him.

"What is your relationship with Jieun?"

He froze, not knowing what to say. He really didn't know how he felt about her. They've been together a lot more now as they grew into closer friends. He would stay up sometimes as they would text one another.

"Honestly, we're just friends," he reassured the male.

"Are you sure? You don't have any feelings of something more towards her?"

Changbin gave a nod. "We're just becoming closer friends. I really don't know if I feel anything more."

He liked being with her. Something about her made him feel good. Her aura was able to make him feel calm and happy. He enjoyed being beside her. It was hard when they had to separate, but he knew that they would meet again or text one another.

"Okay, I just wanted to remind you that we still have a dating ban in place," Chan reminded.

Changbin looked up at him. He understood his leader's concern. He won't disappoint his members but waiting wouldn't hurt. They will be free this coming March.

"I wouldn't do anything to make the team suffer. You should know that" Changbin clarifies.

"I know you wouldn't," Chan replies.

The male then wanted to hear more about what he was working on. Changbin has shown him a little of what this project was since he had asked the male for the music in the first place. Changbin had showed him the lyrics before pressing play on the screen.

The song filled the room as Chan sat there reading the lyrics in his head, placing them with the song. He seemed to be lost in thought until the song was over.

"I won't ask how the lyrics were made, but I would try something like this." Chan moved to show the changes he made.

Changbin reviewed them and accepted the changes that were made. They work closely together as the door opened to reveal two other males standing there.

"We're crashing the party," Jisung says as he and Hyunjin move into the room. They sit down on the couch next to Chan and peek over their shoulders, curious about what they were working on.