Chapter 22

Adhira's POV:

After some going,I went back inside to see everyone on dining table . Only a chair was left that too beside Kabir , having no option I go and sat there only. The couple around Bhai and Bhabhi's age are Kabir's elder brother and sister in law. Seeing everyone busy on their own I whisper to him,"Hey you didn't tell me that what were you doing as a secretary?"

For which he just chuckled and said,"Actually I am not his secretary. I went there to meet him as he is out business partner but seeing you I found something fishy so I just pretend to be his secretary."Listening him I was shocked. Did I really become a fool thinking this I kick his leg under the table causing him to shout in pain and gaining others attention.

Quickly I ask him,"What happened Are you ok ? Why did you shout" Narrowing his eyes towards me he said,"Nothing seems like something bite on my leg must be some idiotic insect."Listening to him everyone continue eating their food and I press my lips together to stop myself from saying anything further.

After the dinner again everyone sat on living room chit chatting with each other.But I went towards garden for some fresh air.
I was gazing at the stars sitting on the grass not caring about the dress when I felt a presence beside me . Kabir's mother, Amrita Singhania also sat beside me and gave me a warm smile.

After some minutes of silence she spoke,“I met your mother when she came after her wedding. You know in starting no one used to like her as your parents marry against others will but soon she win everyone's heart and became my best friend. You remind me of her .I want to meet you but circumstances didn't let me and when I got the chance you were gone. I just want to ask you why did you leave your family and went to some other place especially at the age when children need their families most. What happened Adhira that you went away? I know maybe I am asking too much but you know I promise your mother that I will not let you miss her but I failed in my promise bachcha but now I have met you I don't want you to feel like you don't have any mother figure."

Listening to her I smiled and said, "Thank you aunty for your concern and care. I don't know it's ok to tell or not but I am telling you because I got same vibes from you which I used to get from My Mumma.
You know after Mumma it took me a lot time to accept the fact that she isn't anymore .And when Papa marry Mrs.Khurana I try to be civil with her but she didn't want to be so after sometime I let it be but everyone used to think that It was just me who was trying to be rebel.
But you know what hurts the most when my own family was neglecting me I didn't have any problem with Maira but my family's ignorance make me feel like a burden to them. So I decide to go away from them and When this Adhira came back she knew that she will not let anyone effect her but seems like destiny always has other plan because soon I found myself attached to this family which leads me to live here only instead of going back.Maybe it will seem a small thing but for me it was nowhere little. So I did what my heart wants."

She just pats my head and kissed my forhead.

Thinking something I immediately get up and said,"Comm'on let's go inside and join them. We have all life for these senti talks and by the way Adhira is all about her craziness not for sentimental talks." Getting up she chuckled and we both went inside.

I really like her . She is so sweet.
Going inside we sat on our places and like this everyone enjoyed the night.

When it  was time for everyone to go suddenly Daadu announce something,"I have took a descision and that is for some time Maira will work under Kabir for gaining some experience.And Kabir also doesn't have any problem with this."My eyes went wide like saucers I mean How and why .
Even he doesn't have any problem.

Everyone were bidding their goodbyes when I drag him to the corner and said huffingly ,"You really didn't have any problem with Maira working under you."
He looks at me amusingly and said,"No why will I have any problem but why are you saying this?"

"Wohhh Umm nothing. It's just..... Why should I tell you? And work with whoever you want I Don't Care"Saying this I went from there ignoring the feeling evoking inside me.

After  Singhanias  went back and everyone retired to their rooms . Although today I didn't get chance to talk to Badi Maa but tomorrow will be filled with new hopes.

********************************
Holaa,
How are you all ?

Sorry I didn't update yesterday as there were some problem in uploading  the chapter.
And I know this one is short but I will make sure to compensate it in the next one 😅.

Hope you like the chapter.
Ignore the mistakes.

Tell your favourite part?

Take care till next time 🤗
Thank you
~Iraa 💜