Chapter 6

Adhira's POV

Everyone is shocked as the person who slap me is the least expected one. Even I was shocked. After all the one who slapped me is Mrs. Khurana. She said angrily,"Who the hell are you to yell at my daughter. Don't forget Adhira that Maira is my daughter and no one means no one can yell at her. And what are you saying about snatching your father,Maira is not the one who left everyone behind and walk away like a coward which you absolutely are. Just because no one says anything to you doesn't mean I will also keep quiet. I will not tolerate any word about my daughter. You know what she is the best daughter,sister, granddaughter, sister in law unlike you who always pushes everyone away from herself. You are the most selfish, egoist and rude girl I have ever seen. Infact She deserve this family more than you."

Even the slap doesn't pain me more than her words and the silence of all family members. No one stand up for me ,not a single person. Her words are bringing out my insecurities which I buried deep down somewhere in my heart.

Everything and everyone is so suffocating here that I started running towards outside. I go towards the garden area which Mumma had made. Going there I slumped down on the ground and cried. Cried without holding back, without anyone to judge . Everyone thinks I pushes them away but what can I do that I fear if I let them close to me they will also leave me one day. Again I don't want to be alone and lonely.

After what felt like ages,my cries stopped but the pain didn't. Isn't it ridiculous that there is no one in this world who can hold me till I stop crying,who can hug me whenever I feel low.I miss Mumma so much. If she was here then no one will be able to hurt me. Reminiscing her,I again started crying.

Author's Pov

In the whole Khurana Mansion, there is nothing but gloominess .
The blooming flower of the Mansion is crying and no one has the courage to console her.
But there is a person who is also crying inside his heart.Dhruv Khurana, standing in his room watching his daughter crying from the window clench his heart. He was never this helpless ,he want to stand up for Adhira but for one daughter he couldn't hurt his other one.

He still remember the day he was going to marry Himani , Maira's mother.

Past in italics
"Maa,did you saw Adi she is nowhere to be seen?"Dhruv asked his mother ."She was going towards her room. Maybe getting ready.If you want I will go and check on her."Nirmala,his mother said.

Saying that he will go and check himself,he started going towards Adhira's room. When he open the door,his heart clench seeing the scene in front of him. There Adhira was sitting in the corner and crying hugging her mother or his first wife's photo. Kneeling in front of her he hugged her and after consoling when he ask her the reason behind her sadness.She told him,"Papa you will forget me after marrying Himani aunty and will make Maira your princess."At that time he promised her to always be with her and never make her feel forgotten .

The promise he had given her is remained a unfulfilled promise. The damage is already done. In the process of making Maira comfortable in a new house he completely forgot about Adhira.
Didn't humans often do that ,in the process of making and carrying new relations we often forgot about our old ones. The same thing is done by Dhruv,he didn't realise that by comforting Maira he was neglecting Adhira.

On the other hand,Adhira never want anyone to take her mother's place but that small girl was emotionally blackmailed by her grandmother and Aunt(Father's sister) that marrying again can brought happiness in her father's life. All she want was nothing but her father's happiness and if that means accepting Himani as her mother . She always tries to be a good daughter to Himani but Himani was never be able to saw Adhira as her own . For her Adhira was always the child of her husband's first wife .She can never
saw beyond that.

A knock on the door brought Dhruv out from his thought. He turn around to see Maira standing near the door. Maira come inside and hug Dhruv"Dad you always fulfill my all wishes so this time will you also fulfill a wish of mine?"Asks Maira . When she saw Dhruv nodding she continues,"Dad please send Adhira back to Newyork, from the day she came here everyone is sad . Nothing is like before."Listening Maira's wish Dhruv got angry and yell at her,"Enough Maira ,do you know what are you saying. You want me to send Adhira back, Don't forget she is also my daughter and it's also her house. Your wishes are getting worse day by day. Just go from her."Till the time he finish saying Maira was on the verge of crying and run from there.

Sighing Dhruv slumped down on the chair . Staring at Anusuya's photo ,a lone tear escape from his eyes. There are so many things he have to fix.

********************************

Hello

Hope you like the chapter.
Please do vote and comment
Atleast 10 votes and 15 comments.

Your favourite part of the chapter ?

Himani's outburst??
Dhruv's Helplessness??
Adhira's pain??
Maira's wish??

Next update will be on SUNDAY,19 June 2022.

Thank you
~Iraa💜