Chapter 18

Adhira's POV:

After getting ready , I write a note saying I have some work so I am going early and stick it on Badi Maa's door. Today is going to be a adventurous day and I am surely gonna do something 😏. Sometimes I really feel like a bitch who enjoy others misery.
Sitting in my car I started drive towards my destination.

After some good 20 minutes I reach here . Khurana Industries, well I am here a little early so none of family member will be here at this time. Dialling a number I ask that person did he reach there in which I got yess as a reply.

With that I went inside after the security procedures

With that I went inside after the security procedures. Going to the topmost floor which is getting renovate I met the person. He said," There are all the files you asked . I have arranged your seating so now you can do your work easily but don't forget you have time till 10 Am." I smile and nod at him ,he goes from there after that and I started doing my work.

I got so much engrossed in the files and papers that I didn't notice the time. It's 10:5 and I am gonna dead now. Run Adhira rum otherwise you are gonna miss the meeting. Yeah today is the annual meeting which held every year to discuss all the plans and projects etc. I got to know this by Anant uncle who is my I mean Mr.Khurana's assistant. He call me and tell me something so here I am and he is the one I was talking with.

Reaching infront of the meeting room where Khurana Industries is written in bold letter I compose myself and go inside. Stepping inside I saw so many business partner, department heads,Mr. Khurana ,Bade papa,Daadu ,Bhai and Maira. Chachu is a lawyer so he isn't here. Should I go back? Urghh taking a deep breath I calm down myself. No one noticed me till now so I said, "Sorry I am late . Hope I didn't miss anything."

Everyone's eyes turn towards me but I go and sat on the empty sit which was just infront of Daadu's table but we have enough distance as the it is a long table. Masking all my emotions I said ," I am Adhira khurana ,one of the member of this company. I am here for the same reason as yours so I think we should start the meeting."I said coldly and sat down. Soon the meeting started and now it was turn for Maira to tell about her projects.

Khurana Industries do many businesses in which hotels and architect are one of the major one. Apart from this there are other ones also like pharma companies, clothing etc.

I interrupt her in between and said,"Miss Maira would you like to tell us why your budget plan was so high in this project." For which she said," Well it's because if we want our work best so we have to do this .How can you know these ethics when you didn't study anything about business."

" I know I didn't study business but I surely have common sense Miss Maira as from the very starting we all know that this project isn't going to gave us profit but for some reasons Adhiraj sir accept it so why to spend money without thinking. This company has some rules and regulations which we are bound to follow so I would like to advise you to follow them rather then making your own rules." I told her in all professional tone. I smirk knowing very well she didn't have anything to say so she started describing other things.

Leaning on the chair I was listening carefully whatever she is saying. After some half hour when the meeting was going to end and everyone was wrapping up there things I said," Miss Maira I want all this files of Projects which you have assisted and also the ones you have lead in 15 minutes."She badly want to deny my words but knowing many persons were there she nod her head that's why I said here so that she can't deny.

Everyone stand up as Daadu standup for showing their respect , he said  "As in today's meeting we have discussed our future plans, past projects and also on going projects. I hope everything is sorted out so now the meeting is dismissed."With this everyone started with their goodbyes etc so I started going outside the meeting room but then a man who was of same age as Bade Papa's call me .
I go near them as he was standing with Mr.Khurana ,Daadu ,Bade Papa and Bhai plus Our Princess Maira .I ask him politely," Yes sir How can I help you ?"

Maira spoke in between," Well he is Mr.Rathore our business partner and  we have done many projects together." I nod and said, "Nice Meeting you sir."
With that he smiled warmly and said, "Young lady I have to say you really got you father's traits and you could be a great business person just like your father. So What's your speciality.I would like to do a project with you."

"Thank you sir for your appreciation but I doesn't belong to this field . I am studying to be a surgeon and In that I surely have my speciality in neurology."I told him chuckling in the last.
" Seems like many persons have saved from competing with you . All the best for your future and I am sure you will be a great surgeon Dr.Adhira Khurana."He said and left from there. I really felt something different  when he add Doctor with my full name .

I was going towards Maira's office when I heard some yellings . Going near the cabin I saw she was yelling at some employee but the thing is he is much elder than her.
I go inside and interrupted her,      " What the hell is this Maira why are you shouting at him and can't you see he is your elder."I ask in which she scoffed and said," First of all it's my office so you are no one to tell me anything and I can shout at him as he takes salary from us." Listening to her answer I really got shocked. Like seriously what a lame excuse she has made.

First I apologise from her side  to that person and told him to go and turn towards her , "Ohh really do you think I don't have brain like you that I can't understand what going on. Don't forget Maira Khuranas are strict towards their employees but not harsh and rude. And you clearly misbehaved he wasn't just an employee but also an elder. What are you saying about giving salary and all he had worked here from the time you didn't came here."I told her firmly.

I turn to leave but stopped seeing Mr.Khurana standing near the door. Maira goes and hug him for some sympathy. Rolling my eyes I went past them and started going towards Daadu's cabin for which I came now but listening her yellings I came here.

********************************

Holaa,

How are you all ?
I really hope you like the chapter.
Please do votes and lots of comments.

Tell your favourite part!

Q: WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT ADHIRA'S CHARACTER??

Thank you and Take care
~Iraa