Epilogue

Xander Hawthorne, Rebecca Laughlin, Thea Calligaris and Jessica Grambs stood in a room together watching as Xander attempted to figure out the meaning of his note.

All he had been given was 5 words of the deceased billionaire and was expecting some answers. He got none just like Jess had only gotten a name.

When Jess had ran into Xander the letter had fallen out of her pocket which Xander had then picked up. Jess told Xander about her mother and he told her that he would help solve this new game.

Xander had shown Jess his letter first then called Thea and Rebecca. As much as he hoped the extra sets of eyes could help him locate the clue they found nothing.

Alexander,
Well done.
Tobias Hawthorne

Xander stared at the words, looking for anything more then what was written on the paper.

A riddle.

A puzzle.

A clue.

He wanted something. Something more then what was right in front of him. But all he had gotten was a well done.

"Xander?" Rebecca said from behind him. "What are we doing here?"

"Sighing melodramatically," Thea said. "Obviously."

Xander had needed a witness, and he had gotten Jess but he didn't want it to be just the two of them, so he invited Rebecca, but didn't want to leave Rebecca on her own so he invited Thea. And now the four of them stood in a room as he stared down at the piece of paper.

"There are many types of invisible ink," Xander told them. "But there's only one kind," He went on. "That destroys the message after it's revealed." Xander knew that if he was wrong it was over. No new game. And that was one of the reasons he hadn't wanted to be alone.

"What exactly do you think we're going to find?" Thea asked him. Xander didn't answer, only look down at the paper he was holding and read it over one last time.

Alexander,
We'll done.
Tobias Hawthorne

Xander took a deep breath and turned to the lib behind him and hovered the paper above the water.

"Xander?" Jess said, her voice soft.

"Here goes nothing." He dunked the paper down into the water.

Xander at first thought that he had messed up big time. That the paper was gone and it was revealed nothing, then though words started to appear on the paper, different words from the last note.

The only words that remained were Tobias Hawthorne, but beside the name there was now find, and II.

Find Tobias Hawthorne II.

...

We are officially done guys. I'll have a longer note posted later but for now...

Have a great days and I hope you enjoyed the book!