Chapter 3 - Forever and Always

________________________________

"I don't feel welcome any more.
Baby what happened?"
- Taylor Swift
________________________________

I had never been so nervous in my life. The waiting was killing me, but what made everything worse was that Avery wasn't even here. Where she was, I didn't know. I only hoped she showed up soon.

I expected Grayson to look nervous, but he was calm. He was sitting in front of me with the rest of his brothers. One was still missing though. Jameson Hawthorne was extremely late.

I stared at Grayson a moment to long, he turned around and I was met with silver eyes. I looked down quickly, a blush starting to arise on my face. I immediately hated myself for blushing, Grayson Hawthorne may have made me blush once but he no longer got to have that affect on me. After a moment I brought my head back up and saw that Grayson was gone. I let out a breath and broke the posture I had been trying to hold. I slumped back in the chair, just to see Grayson come and sit down next to me.

"Do I have something on my face?" He asked me, which made me want to punch him. I corrected my posture, which only got me a look from Grayson.

"Aren't you supposed to be dealing with your missing brother? Or are you just going to sit here and stare at me?" I said, a bite on my words. Grayson didn't even flinch.

"Jameson is probably doing everything he can to miss this reading. But he always shows up, no matter how much he doesn't want to, he always comes in the end. He wouldn't miss something like this." As he was saying that a boy with messy brown hair came in. He was buttoning up his suit jacket and did not look ready for this at all.

Unlike Grayson, Jameson looked almost the same. He was older, had put on some muscle but that was about it. He still had the same messy brown hair and unbuttoned shirt. Whether his personality changed I didn't know, but from what I was seeing Jameson Hawthorne was still just the same old popular boy he had been.

It was crazy to believe that the boy sitting next to me is related to him. They were polar opposites in every way. Brown hair and blonde hair. Green eyes and Silver eyes. One who cares a little to much and one who cares to little.

"Speaking of the devil. If you'd excuse me." I said my goodbyes and watched as Grayson left to go sit down next to his brothers, not before giving Jameson a particularly unfriendly look.

Right after Jameson walked in, Avery came in with rosy cheeks. I couldn't tell if she was blushing or had just come from outside. Avery came and sat down next to me.

"Were you blushing?" I asked her with raised eyebrows.

"I was just outside." She said. Funny, I thought. Jameson appeared to have just come in from the cold. Before I could question my sister further on the matter a loud voice boomed across the room, leaving a silent people in its wake.