Chapter 5 - Change

________________________________

"Somebody else gets what you wanted again and you know it's all the same, another time      and place, repeating history and you'regetting sick of it"- Taylor Swift________________________________

and place, repeating history and you're
getting sick of it"
- Taylor Swift
________________________________

That evening was spent at a motel, due to Avery bolting out of the room and requesting to leave the house.

When we were there Oren told me and my sisters all about the security measures. When Oren was done with all the stuff we could all hear, he kicked me and Libby out of the room, leaving only him and Avery in the room.

"What the hell has happened?" I said to myself, but very much out loud. Libby looked over to me and shook her head.

"Oh god, Jess, this has got to be the craziest thing that's ever happened." I nodded my head in agreement, then I started laughing. Libby looked at me like I was crazy, and if I'm being completely honest, I was feeling like I was crazy.

"Avery's an Heiress." Finally saying the words out loud felt good.

"Avery's an Heiress..." Libby said, repeating what I had said.

That was what she was. An Heiress. And as much as every instinct was telling me that this was a terrible, confusing, chaotic thing, I knew I could never leave Avery. If she was going to go down, I was going with her.

...

The next morning we were headed back to Hawthorne house. The looming house seemed darker, less hopeful. When we headed through the doors the house was quiet, nothing like how it had been a day before.

Oren escorted me to my room, which was right next to Avery and Libby's. When I entered the room, I threw my bags on the floor and jumped onto my bed.

It was the most amazing bed ever. It was massive, with the softest, silk sheets. I hadn't realized how tired I was till I was actually laying on the bed. I closed my eyes and thought about what had happened over the last 48 hours.

Getting that call.

Meeting Grayson Hawthorne again.

Avery being mentioned in a will.

Flying to Texas.

Seeing Hawthorne house.

Meeting the Hawthorne grandsons again.

All leading up to that one moment. A moment that changed my life. A moment that changed Avery's life. A moment that changed many peoples lives.

...

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Go away!" I yelled at the person knocking at my door. The person opened the door, coming into my room. My first instinct was that someone was breaking into my room, which really wouldn't have made sense cause they knocked but I was still half asleep. Not knowing what to do I threw a pillow at the figure.