Chapter 10 - Superstar

________________________________

"This is wrong, but I can't help but feel like there ain't nothing more right"- Taylor Swift_______________________________

- Taylor Swift
_______________________________

Jess's P.O.V

I woke up to what sounded like a gun shot. I pulled myself up and stared off into the woods. There wasn't any light and no sign of life. I decided to think nothing of it, and just fall back asleep.

When I woke up the next morning my eyes were heavy and my hair was a mess. Looking over to the alarm clock on the side of my bed it read 10:15. I yawned and fell back into my bed.

After a few minutes of procrastinating I finally pulled myself out of bed. I went over to my closet, looked at the skirt and shirt I had picked out of the day then grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a baggy shirt. I'd get properly changed later.

I went over to my bathroom, looked in the mirror and began to brush my blonde hair out, me and Avery shared a lot of the same features, but our hair couldn't be more different.

I headed downstairs and ran into Avery and Libby on my way down. Avery looked at my outfit up and down then laughed.

"We're having a sister day at the house. There's like hundreds of cool rooms we can explore, no need to even leave the premises." Libby exclaimed.

"Does this day include me getting anything other then these sweatpants on?" Libby laughed.

"I do not believe so." Avery said.

"Want to hit the spa?" Libby asked, that sounded so nice. "I got a massage yesterday and it was to die for!" Avery nodded but didn't seem very into it.

"How would you like to help me find a Davenport?" That was a weird question which was definitely associated with the deceased billionaires last game.

...

We learned that a Davenport is a desk, and not just any desk, a very fancy desk. There is also at least ten offices in this house, and that's just offices, we don't know how many rooms have desks.

"This could take a while, do you have any idea how big this place is?" Libby made a good point.

"Enormous..." Avery said.

"Palatial," Libby said. "And since I'm such a bad publicity, I haven't had anything to do for the past week but explore. There's a literal ballroom, two theatres—one for movies and one with box seats and a stage."

"I've seen that one," Avery said. "And the bowling alley." I finally included myself In the conversation.

"It's amazing isn't it? Four bowling alleys in one house." Both Avery and Libby nodded.

"There's also a driving range, and racquetball." Oren contributed.

"How in the world are we going to find one, tiny, little desk in this place?" I asked.