Chapter 18 - Love story

________________________________

"Romeo, take me somewhere we can be aloneI'll be waiting, all there's left to do is runYou'll be the prince and I'll be the princessIt's a love story, baby, just say, 'Yes'"- Taylor Swift_______________________________

I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story, baby, just say, 'Yes'"
- Taylor Swift
_______________________________

Jess's P.O.V

Grayson escorted me back to my room. The walk back was quiet, neither of us knowing what to say. I gave Grayson one final kiss before heading to my room.

After closing my door I ran and fell onto my bed. Almost forgetting about the letter I reached into my pocket and pulled it out.

I carefully opened the envelope, hesitantly pulling out the slip of paper. It was not more then a small piece of paper. As I turned it over I read one thing. A name.

Find Talia Rose Collins.

I gasped as I read the name. I could never forget that name. Never erase it from my memory. I hadn't spoken that name in years, I hadn't had reason to. She was no more then a piece of my past, a piece that had left me behind.

Talia Rose Collins was none other then my mother.

Trying not to bring up memories of when I was young I looked into the envelope to see a necklace. Pulling it out I didn't recognize it. The necklace was able to open for a picture to go inside but it was sealed shut. There was a rose carved into the gold, writing surrounding it but in a language I couldn't quite recognize.

I put the necklace and note down on my night stand, my mind was to tired to think so I let it rest. Once I closed my eyes I was asleep within minutes. Not a single dream threatened my sleep.

...

The next morning I was awoken to the sun blazing into my room. Instead of laying in my bed for another hour or two I decided to get up and make breakfast.

On my way down I ran into Grayson, who upon seeing me got a very big smile on his face. I went over to him and laced my hand through his and began walking along side him.

"No good morning kiss?" Grayson said sarcastically. I looked over to him and pecked my lips on his cheek.

"Better?" He nodded and we began to walk again. We talked much more than last night and it felt good to not have to bring up the things that had been revealed.

We ate pancakes made by the cook instead of me making them, as I turned out to be a very terrible cook. I talked about the new book I was reading, he listened more than talked but never looked at me as if he was annoyed.

"What are we Gray?" I asked out of the blue. He looked at me confused then looked away.

"What do you want to be?" I knew exactly what I wanted us to be.

"I want to love you, and be with you, and do everything with you because we belong together Grayson. And I don't want to have to keep us a secret, I want to tell people that we're dating so let's confirm what the public was been speculating." After everything I thought Grayson might say that this was to much, that we should just stay friends but he didn't. Instead he kissed me, almost the same as the first time but this time it was the real thing.

We were together and from that moment on I was going to go anywhere, do anything with Grayson Hawthorne.

...

The next few days passed in a blur. Skye had left the following morning just as Grayson had promised.

I now sat with my feet in the pool watching as Grayson swam lap after lap. We hadn't talked about Emily and we didn't need to. Grayson might always have part of him blaming himself for what happened that night, but all I had to do was make sure he knew that there was nothing he could have done and that even after all that I would still love and care for him.

Grayson began to swim over to me and he hopped out of the pool. He sat down next to me and turned his gaze to my brown eyes.

"I found out who leaked those photos of us." He said, making me turn to him in shock.

"Who? Was it paparazzi or-" Grayson cut me off.

"It was my mother." He looked down as he said the words. I bit my lip.

"Oh," I said quietly. "I'm sorry." He looked up at me.

"I don't know why I keep expecting her to be something she isn't. This was something I always knew she was capable of... I just didn't think she would ever actually go through with it." I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Gray, she's your mother. You want to think the best of her," I looked down as I continued. "But sometimes they make it very hard for you to do that." Grayson took the back of my head in his hand, pulling me towards him. He kissed me softly on the forehead.

"I'm sorry she did that to you." I closed my eyes as he kissed me again.

"It's not your fault," I laughed slightly. "I guess it didn't turn out that bad. We are dating after all." Grayson smiled. I leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, imagining all the possibilities that out future could bring.

We'd go through ruff patches and have tough days, I knew we would. But I'd love him through it and we'd always find our way back to each other. With him I was stronger, happy, braver, and most of all I was fearless.

I belonged with him, and I always would. This is our love story, we make the rules, and I was ready to take risks. To be fearless.

So as I took my head off Grayson's shoulder and grabbed my phone, opening Instagram I told myself that this would be the first act of my new life. I told Grayson to kiss me and as he did I took a photo. And after much deciding if the photo was good enough we finally came to a conclusion and posted it, with the caption reading: To the moon and stars...

Grayson posted a similar photo but his caption read: Infinity. Finishing off my caption and as I watched the likes come In and people freak out about our announcement I for once felt truly happy with where my life was heading.

...

The end!

The end of this chapter is so cringy but I'm to lazy to change it, lol.

I reread the old author's note in this chapter and this story only had 4000 reads which is crazy cause it now has almost 40k!

Thank you all so much for all your support and I loved rewriting this and I hope you guys liked it!