Chapter 16 - We were happy

________________________________

"Back when we had all night and we were happy"- Taylor Swift________________________________

- Taylor Swift
________________________________

Jess's P.O.V

When I awoke I didn't know where I was. As my eyes adjusted to the room I was in I remembered everything that had happened. As I sat up my head ached from the night, like I was just getting over a hangover. I felt like I had been drunk on happiness last night and was now paying the consequences.

I looked over at the boy next to me, still in his white buttoned shirt and black pants. Possibly the most uncomfortable thing to sleep in. I looked at my phone which was about to die and it read 9:30. I decided that I should probably wake Grayson up as his days usually didn't involve sleeping till ten.

I also decided that I was just going to admire the boy beside me for a few moments before I had to end this time of precious peace and quiet.

My heart began to beat faster. Just the sight of him made me feel like I was fifteen again, madly in love. The problems that I was facing disappeared when I was near Grayson. When those grey eyes looked to me I saw a future I had never dreamed I could ever have. I wanted to press my lips to his at every moment. I wanted his arms to hold me forever, never dropping me. I wanted us to keep one another standing when things got hard. I wanted everything I experienced—hard or joyous—to be with him. I wanted to spend every moment of the rest of my life with him.

Maybe I was getting ahead of myself, the two of us had only gotten back together last night. I didn't care though, because right now my heart only wanted one thing, only needed one thing to continue to beat. Grayson Davenport Hawthorne.

I brushed his blonde hair from his eyes, leaving my hand to lightly touch his cheek. His eyes slowly fluttered open. His sleepy grey eyes scanned the room, landing on me. His lips parted slightly and I couldn't help but lean down and press a light kiss to them.

"Good morning, love." He said against my lips, my hands cupping his face.

He sat up, his hands going behind my head. I pressed my lips against his again, a smile on my face. His left hand began to fall down my torso, stopping at my waist. I fell back on the chair as our kisses became filled with fire.

I broke away, letting his lips touch my neck and collarbone. My hands moved in his hair, my skin becoming hot with the heat of the moment. His left hand moved to my thigh, grabbing it and placing it on his hip.

I pressed my lips to his again, closing my eyes. His breath was hot against my skin, warming my already heated body. I don't think I'll ever get sick of this. Late mornings that were just me and Grayson, left to do whatever we pleased-

"Ah, gross!"Grayson immediately peeled himself from me and the two of us looked over to where the voice had come from. Xander stood at the entry to the theatre. "C'mon Gray, you couldn't have found a room?" He said with a disgusted face. My face turned bright red.