Chapter 12 - Don't you

________________________________

"You don't know how much I feel I love you"- Taylor Swift________________________________

- Taylor Swift
________________________________

Jess's P.O.V

I spent hours getting my hair and makeup perfect. Looking at myself in the mirror I couldn't help but smile.

I looked beautiful.

I wore a black dress that highlighted the shape of my body. The dress had no sleeves and a lace up back which I spent 10 minutes trying to do up. I wore matching black silk gloves that went up to my elbow.

My hair was half up half down being held up with a black ribbon. I wore a pair of black heels me and Grayson had picked out.

I was wearing a dark eyeshadow and a little bit of mascara and eyeliner. My lipstick was a slightly muted red, my blush was a rosy pink that made me look like I was always blushing.

I had put on the sapphire necklace Grayson gave me when he was sixteen. I wasn't sure he would recognize it, but I ended up hoping he would.

The final touch I made before leaving was spraying a little bit of perfume that smelled like roses. I grabbed my small black handbag and headed out the door.

I met Grayson outside the house. He turned around when he heard my high heels clicking down the concrete steps. I gave him my grandest smile.

His grey eyes met mine, his eyes seemed to light up at the sight of me. He gave me a smile I couldn't quite find the right emotion behind, but I knew it was good. He seemed to finally let out a breath after those few moments when we just stood there, staring at each other.

I had taken his breath away, and it made me happier then I had ever been.

Grayson went up to the step I was standing on and held out his hand. I grabbed it with the happiest smile.

"You look beautiful." He said in a soft tone. I leaned closer to him.

"You don't look to bad yourself." He gave me another smile, a true, happy smile.

Grayson led me down the rest of the steps and helped me into the limo, which he had rented. The cars the Hawthorne's rent always surprised me.

The entire car ride we talked about almost everything. I asked him about the books he had gotten yesterday, but unlike me he hadn't started reading them yet.

I spent the rest of the ride trying to convince him to read anything by Sarah J. Mass who has got to be one of my favourite authors. I decided that when I found time I would send a pile of books to Graysons room.

When we reached the art museum which the party was being held at it was surrounded by paparazzi. This would be my first time facing the paparazzi, which I hadn't had any training to deal with.

I took a nervous breath. Grayson grabbed me hand and gave me a reassuring squeeze. I gave him one final smirk before the door opened.

Grayson got out first, dusting off his suit jacket, which didn't actually have any dust on it, then cuffing his sleeves before he reached his hand out for me.

When I walked out of the car multiple cameras flashed. I tried not to cover my eyes. I had to look somewhat prepared for the paparazzi. People were asking multiple questions, which I just responded with with a wave.

When we made it into the building I let out a sigh of relief. I looked down at my hand and I saw it was still connected with Grayson's. And for once I didn't drop it.

We walked down the many steps to the main room where the party was happening, Nash and Libby were already there. Libby gave me a knowing smile at the scene of me and Grayson.

Grayson led me to our table which all the Hawthorne's and my sisters were sitting at. I begged Grayson to look around with me which he agreed to after a few minutes.

My eyes widened at the food, which ranged from all sorts of desserts to full course meals. I grabbed a plate and started to put all sorts of things on it. I grabbed foods I'd never heard of and all kinds of chocolate. Grayson looked over at my plate and at first looked unimpressed but then smiled and shook his head.

"There's no way you're going to eat all that." He said, raising his eyebrows.

"Maybe not, but I'm gonna try." I said with a smile, before heading back to the table.

Grayson turned out to be right, I had not finished everything I took. I just ended up throwing the food out, Grayson didn't seem to impressed with that but I grabbed his hand anyway and led him to the silent auction. I looked at everything from a teddy bear to whole houses you could bid on. I stopped at a collection of vintage leather bound books.

I went over to them and ran my hand over the intricate design on the spine, touching it with extreme gentleness. I read the title which said Hamlet. I soon realized that the books were all Shakespeare plays and works. I looked over at the bidding sheet which read bidding starts at 500 dollars. I gasped at the price.

"Bid on them." Grayson said from behind me, looking over my shoulder.

"I probably shouldn't bid that much, I already spent quite a bit of Avery's money." I began to back away from the books and move onto the next thing. Grayson followed me.

My phone buzzed and I looked down to see a text from Libby. Avery had arrived. I turned around to face Grayson.

"My sister has arrived."

...

Avery looked beautiful as she walked down the stairs. Her hair in an intricate braid. Her dress was a beautiful green that made the slight green in her eyes more noticeable.

A glass shattered next to me. I looked over to see Grayson staring at Avery as if he had seen a ghost. His glass was shattered on the floor.
I grabbed his shoulder and gave him a worried look.

"What are you doing?" He questioned at my sister who gave him a confused look.

"I don't understand." Avery whispered.

"Your hair. That necklace. That dress..." He couldn't bring himself to finish.

"What?" Avery said. Grayson was only able to get out a name. One single name that seemed never stop torturing out lives.

Emily.

...

Sorry for not posting lately, I was camping but I hope this chapter was good, cause I think this has got to be one of my favourite chapters.

The monster that is Emily is back and about to stir drama.

And I'm currently reading A court of mist and fury and loving it so that's why I added Sarah J. Mass cause I really like her books.

Have a great day everyone!