Chapter 17 - Bye bye baby

________________________________

"Feels like I'm becoming a part of your past

"Feels like I'm becoming a part of your past."
- Taylor Swift
_______________________________

Jess's P.O.V

The five of us stood in silence for a few moments before Xander spoke. "You might as well unlock yours," Xander said to Nash and Grayson. "Your hands, if you please."

I watched as the two of them went over and used there hands to open the lock. I looked over to the lock and saw that there was still two that needed to be unlocked. I moved closer to the lock, reading the initials underneath. J.H.G. Those were my initials.

"Xander, you said there were only four more locks that needed to be unlocked. Why is there two locks left and one with my initials on it?" I heart was racing fast, not sure what to think about this situation. Xander walked closer to me, leaning forward to look at the lock.

"I don't know Jess, you'll just have to see what happens when you press it." I quickly turned my head away from the lock of him.

"You want me to press it?" The minute the words came out of my mouth I felt instantly stupid.

"What else are you going to do?" He said. I nodded, moving my hand closer to lock.

I reached my hand out and pressed on it. The stone was cold against my skin, the roughness of the rock scraping against my hand. It fell into place with a loud click, making me jump. I tripped on a loose piece of rock lying on the ground, making me fall back. Strong arms caught me before I hit the ground.

"Careful." Grayson muttered into my ear. He helped push me up, my body wanting his touch the minute he pulled his arms away from me.

"Four locks down," Xander said from behind us. "One to go."

Ten minutes went by and there was still no sign of Jameson. I could tell that everyone was getting antsy and beginning to realize that there was a high chance Jameson wasn't coming. Avery was the one who seemed the most disappointed by this. She paced back and forth, looking up at the gap you needed to use to get tot his spot. She bit her nail, her eyebrows furrowed in worry.

"Jameson isn't coming," Grayson said, getting off the wall he had been leaning on a moment earlier.

"He'll be here." Nash said, though his tone told me that he had the same doubts.

"Don't I always do what I'm told?" Jameson jumped down as all five of us looked up. He alerted his gaze to Avery first. "You don't know when to stop, do you, heiress?" Avery smiled at the boy.

"I'm tougher than I look." Avery said to Jameson. He stared at her for a moment longer, giving her a look that made me even blush a little. He looked away, though he took a second glance at my sister, as if his eyes couldn't pull themselves away from her. He put his hand where his initials are, the lock doing the same thing it did for mine.