-next morning-
~Daniel's POV~
I woke up first. I rolled over and saw Sky sleeping. I looked at her and wondered what she's been keeping from me for this past week. I've asked Liz about it, since I know Skylar told her, but she won't tell me anything. I don't like the fact that she's keeping this secret from me. That's the one promise and "rule" we have in our relationship. No keeping each other in the dark about anything.

I rubbed Skylar's back and stroked her hair to wake her up.
"Baby, we have work..." I told her.
She rubbed her face and sighed.

"Do we have to go?" She groaned.
"Only 2 more shifts until our wedding.." I smiled.
She smiled too.
"Yea.. you're right..." she smiled.

We got up, got ready for work, and drove there.
"Hey babe?" I asked her as we drove there.
"What's up?" She asked me.
"What was... the deal about last night?" I asked her.

She looked at me, looked away, and sighed.
"It was... nothing... I promise.. it's nothing you need to worry about..." she told me, squeezing my hand.
"Babe... you know you're not fooling me... tell me what it was." I told her.
"It was nothing. You don't need to worry about it. I don't want to start a fight a week before our wedding." She said, raising her voice.

"What about what you made us each promise each other? No keeping each other in the dark, ever. Always tell the truth." I told her.
We pulled to the district.
"Well, I guess I'm breaking that promise then." She said, getting out of the car and slamming the door.
That made me wonder even more what she was hiding.

I went upstairs and Skylar was at her desk, doing something. I went to her and stroked her hair. She looked up at me and moved her head so I will stop, gave me a look, and went back to what she was doing.

I went to the lockers and saw Liz there.
"Hey, Liz. I need you to tell me something, and you can't lie." I told her.
She looked at me confused, then looked at me like "not a chance".

"If it's about last week then you know I can't.." She told me.
"Please Liz? I've known you longer than you've known Sky. She's been hiding this big secret from me for the past week and she won't tell me anything... we had a fight in the car and now she's ignoring me. Our wedding is in a week. I don't want to be in the middle of a fight during our wedding." I told her.

She looked at me sighed. And leaned her back on her locker.
"All I'm gonna say is that it's something from her past that she wishes she never went through. It still affects her to this day and that school case that we had last week really triggered her. That's all I'm telling you. It's up to you two to figure the rest out together." She explained.

"What do you mean? What this before or after she lost her brother?" I asked her.
"Daniel-" she said, but I stopped her.
"Liz, come on. Please." I told her.
She ran her fingers through her hair.
"Ok... this was after her brother passed away, during her senior year." She explained.

"Ok and?" I asked her.
"Daniel, I'm not ruining my friendship with my best friend." She told me.
"Ok, so you want to ruin the relationship I have with my fiancé? Our wedding is next week, Liz. Please, just help me out.." I begged her.

She rubbed her face and looked at me.
"I'm sorry. I'm not saying anything else. Talk with her about it." She told me, and walked out.
I sighed and put my stuff in the locker.

I went back out and saw Liz come out of my parents office with my father.
"Skylar, Daniel, come into my office." My dad announced.
Skylar looked at me, and got up. I did the same.

We went into his office. And sat down.
"I heard you two are having an argument." he told us.
"It's nothing. Why?" Sky asked.
"It's 6 days till your wedding you two. What even is this about?" My mom asked us.
I looked at Sky. She gave me a look that said "not a word".

"It's nothing. It's a stupid little fight." I said.
"That face that Skylar gave you didn't seem like nothing. You two, go home and figure this out. You guys shouldn't be starting your marriage with a big argument already." My dad said.
"Sarge-" Sky said, but my mom stopped her.

"That's an order. You two need to go home and figure this out." My mom said.
Skylar didn't say anything.
"Alright..." I finally said.
Sky looked at me. I got up and she did too.

Sky went to Liz's desk, grabbed her hand, and dragged her to the bathroom. I went to my locker to get my stuff. 5 minutes later, Sky came in the locker room.

She didn't say anything, but she grabbed her stuff.
We went in the car and Sky didn't talk the whole way home.
"Listen I didn't tell my parents anything. I just.. asked Liz about it... I didn't think we would get sent home." I told her.

She sniffled and rubbed her face, but didn't say anything.
"Hey, are you ok?" I asked her, putting my hand on her shoulder.
"Yea... I'm fine... I just... I'll finally tell you everything when we get home... Liz told me what she told you..." she told me, her voice breaking.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻