Chapter 53: This was not in the job description-

Start from the beginning

That little... you hissed internally while Koun simply snickered, fashioning a dress similar to yours out of the mist surrounding her. With a sigh that was inaudible to the client, you walked over and greeted, "Welcome to Café Rosé. How many people are in your group?"

"Just me," the male with messy charcoal-black locks responded before looking you up and down, seemingly analysing you. "I haven't seen you before. Are you new here?"

"That's none of your business," you replied, cutting him off before he could dig deeper into you whilst leading him to a table for one. "The menu's here. Wave when you're ready to order." You gestured to the leather-bound booklet that had the store's name etched on the cover in gold before walking away to the counter.

"Ah, (y/n)!" Vanessa grinned, seemingly forgiven (or forgotten) that incident with the cleaning spray, "This is for number twelve. Can you give it to them on the round wooden trays?"

Nodding, you took one of the many boards and placed the order on the surface before heading over to table number twelve. "Your orders, madam, sir," you announced to the two elderly occupants of the desk who seemed pleased with your service.

"Ah, thank you, dearie," the old lady beamed before handing you a twenty-dollar bill, "This is for your fast service."

Looking from the money to her, you were just about to tell her that she had to pay at the counter when she slipped it into your hands, giving you another gummy smile and a pat on the shoulder before returning to her meal. ...What am I supposed to do with this...? you muttered to yourself, your feet absent-mindedly leading you toward the front desk when you caught sight of the two men you had escorted to a table.

Putting the money into your pocket, you decided it would be most efficient if you gave the payment to Catherine after taking the guy's orders. "What can I get you?" you asked, pulling out a notepad and a pen.

"Hey, you're definitely new, right?" the male asked again, though this time it seemed to be more rhetorical, "I saw you fumbling around with the tip-"

"Are you going to order or not?" you sigh, getting annoyed that this person was wasting your time.

"Alright, alright, chill," he laughed, scanning over the menu once more before smirking, "Can I get your phone number?"

Crushing the pen that was in your hand, you growl, "No you may not. I will repeat it slowly one more time so that your puny brain may understand. Are you going to order or not? If you're just here to waste everyone's time, then you can get the hell out and-"

"Ah-hahaha!" Zoe suddenly fake-laughed, pushing you toward the counter whilst facing the customers, "I'm so sorry about that! She's new and doesn't understand what customer service is! I'll come back and take your order and, hell, I'll even give you a discount-"

"N-nono," the male interjected, making the girl stop in her tracks, "I want her to stay, this new employee of yours. I like her."

"...Huh?" both you and Zoe uttered in complete disbelief and shock.

"A-are you serious...?" the latter muttered, staring at the male in confusion as she stopped pushing you.

"Mhm," the other replied while you just stared at him in bewilderment, causing him to catch your gaze and give you a wink, making you cringe internally.

Wait, I didn't know this place had such kinky mother fuckers- Koun mumbled, looking from you to the man and back to you again.

"A-alright then," the shorter female awkwardly grinned, handing you a napkin to wipe the blue ink off your hands and a new pen before patting you on the back, "I-I'll leave it to you then, (y/n)! Tell me if there's any trouble!"