Chapter 37: Wu sucks at being a guardian ngl...

(Second person POV)

(Time skip - 4 days)

"First, I'll stomp on his tail!" Lloyd declares, "Then when he turns, a thunderclap to his ears! Then, when he's stunned, I'll disarm him!"

Letting out a chuckle, Cole exclaims "Too late! He's already hypnotised you and now you're under his control."

"Or he's already put you in a squeeze," Zane adds, folding his hand into a fist as if to demonstrate.

"Or spit on you with his hallucinatory venom." Kai grins, pretending to be a snake-person and curling his fingers to look something similar to a bear's claws. "Trust me, bad stuff."

"You don't say," you from the spiky-haired male's left, Koun egging you on with fervour, "You were saying odd things the entire time and hallucinating too. I'm sure 'Nya' can attest to that," 

Giving the earth elemental teasing smile, you heard him, the actual Nya, and the fire user all groan "Ugh... Don't remind me..." at the same time, though the latter seemed more embarrassed, his face turning the same colour as his outfit.

"Uncle, (y/n), what's the best way to stun a Serpentine if you don't know what kind they are?" Lloyd sighs, looking from you to the older man.

"Sadly, it was the sacred flute you five carelessly lost." the master shook his head in disapproval, earning noises of protests from Jay.

"Hey, nononono, We didn't lose it," he emphasises, waving his hands around in the air animatedly, "Pythor stole it."

"Whatever the case, without it, I fear we have nothing to combat their powers. We may have prevented them from uniting in the past, but they will try again, and one day, they will be stronger." Master Wu murmurs, pouring himself a cup of tea as he spoke.

"Don't worry Sensei," Cole assures, "I've almost reached my full potential, and when I become the Green Ninja or the Silver Ninja, we're not gonna need any magic flute, especially with (y/n) at my side-"

"You're gonna be the Green Ninja or the Silver Ninja?" Kai dismissed, letting out a series of chuckles before pointing a finger at the male in black and hissing "Don't make me laugh." Pausing for a moment, the male almost glanced over to his right where you sat, only to look away and huff "A-as for (y/n)... I-I don't care about her! N-not at all! She could go join Garmadon for all I care!"

Saying nothing, you merely took a sip from your cup, not needing to turn your head to know that the hothead's aura was a daffodil-yellow from his obvious lie.

"I... thought it was decided that I was destined to become the Green or Silver Ninja," Zane chimes in, looking in your direction as you quickly turned to Dart, not wanting to get involved with this unnecessary feud, "Besides, (y/n) and I are the closest-"

Laughing at this, Jay placed a hand on the ice elemental's right shoulder, remarking "Oh, haha, the only thing decided about you, Zane, is that you're weird."

"I dare you to say that again," you growl, glaring at the teen in blue as the other gave you a look of thanks.

"Besides, what's stopping (y/n) from being at my side?" Nya demanded, standing up from her seat before seemingly remembering something and sitting back down, stuttering "O-or Lloyd's side, right, Lloyd?"

"Yeah!" the child exclaims, taking the bait but not understanding the reason behind it, much to the older girl's relief, "Besides, it's already official and you guys are too late! (y/n) only staying by my side!"

The group stop arguing and turn to look at you, waiting for you to deny the claims so they could then get that position by your side. "It's true," you affirm, taking a sip of your tea, "While my teacher is not here, I will stay by Lloyd's side and when he returns, I will stay by his side so long as Lloyd doesn't need me any more."