Chapter 36: So we're good now, right?

(Second person POV)

Walking into the dining room just in time to see Zane bring out two plates of freshly made food, you pause in your tracks as everyone turned their attention to you.

"(y/n)!" Jay gasps in relief, rushing over before reaching out to clasp your hand in his own, only to stop and let them fall to his side. "Where did you go? I was super worried-"

"We." Cole corrected, giving the teen in blue a glare which he returned.

"Fine. We were super worried about you. You just got up and left in the middle of dinner without a single word! If it was because of our reaction to the food, then... I-I'm really sorry... I-it wasn't as bad as I made it out to be, honest!" the lighting user rambled on, his aura turning a slight daffodil-yellow from his white lie.

"It's fine," you answer, "I wasn't upset about that, but Cole seemed to have been. I went out to get something to cheer him up with and I remembered that he liked cake, so I bought one for him. I also remember that you liked candy floss so I got some for you too. As for Lloyd..." Trailing off, you cast a glance at the outline of the child who stood behind a sliding door out on the deck.

"Well since everyone is here, let us have dinner first," Zane beamed, his eyes focusing solely on you as the others agreed, heading over to their designated spots at the dinner table.

Taking a seat next to Kai who seemed to be looking at you rather intensely, you pretended not to notice him and instead focused your attention on Dart who was now in her original form. "Look who's finally up," you smile, patting your companion on the head as she let out a pleased trill, rubbing against your palm. "You seem to be sleeping an awful lot these days..."

While you pampered your dragon, the others seemed to be engaging in a conversation about the previous mission.

"Y'know, I don't think we would've gotten outta there if it hadn't been for Zane and (y/n)," Jay remarks. At the mention of your name, you looked up from Dart, feeding her a bacon-wrapped enoki, much to her delight.

"Don't thank me," the ice elemental answers, "Thank (y/n) and Lloyd. If it hadn't been for her distracting the Serpentine and Lloyd's 'laundry skills', we all would have been found."

At this, the others burst into laughter while you simply smiled, glad things were back to normal. Well, almost normal. Koun was still strangely silent and the boy with the blond hair was still outside.

The sound of the door sliding open catches your attention, you see the child walk into the room with all of Zane's ninja gis back to their original snow-white colour and folded neatly. "Well, it took me twenty loads, but your suit's no longer pink," he says to the male in white, "And to show that I'm sorry, Cole..." Pausing to take something out from his pocket, the kid beams "I got you a can of nuts!"

Chuckling, the earth elemental grins "Uh, haha, yeah. Don't think I don't see what this is. When I open this, a bunch of snakes are gonna pop out, right?" Letting out another laugh, he turns to the fridge, saying "Yeah, no thank you."

Glancing at the tin, you noticed that the way Lloyd was holding it made the object look like it weighed exactly the way it should, making you conclude that the boy was indeed being sincere. Opening your mouth to chime in, a familiar voice suddenly stopped you at the last second.

C'mon! Don't be a party-pooper! Koun groaned, her presence reappearing in your vicinity again, making you let out a small sigh of relief, glad that she hadn't died.

Alright, alright... you respond, watching Cole stroll towards the fridge with mild interest. As soon as he opened the door, what must have been twenty rubber snakes leapt out at him, making him yelp in surprise.