Chapter 27

Hello all,

I see that the Mort had a vision about my plans. I won't lie, his vision is correct. How about we fight where it all began.

You Morts know where.

At the same time and the same date you created your precious Amulets.

You know you won't win against me but I'll take the satisfaction of killing you all.

Lucifer

P.S I can't wait to see you again Arthur, what a lovely reunion it'll be.

It's that quiet you can hear a pin drop. All heads turn to Arthur "Arthur, what  reunion is Lucifer talking about?" Simon asks. Arthur's facial reaction is full of confusion "I honestly don't know what he's talking about".

The Morts stare at him, analysing his face to see any hint of a lie, after a minute they realise that he's telling the truth.

"I-I need to get some fresh air" Arthur states, he leaves the house and we all look at each other trying to figure out what Lucifer was talking about.

I sigh "Do you guys have any inkling?" They all shake their head "None of us do, even Arthur" Christopher says.

Peter stands up "We should leave it for now, let's just carry on with what we were doing" All of us nod with agreement. I look at Nicholas and Christopher "Should we carry on with my training?" They look at each other.

"Yes" Nicholas answers, before we go into the back garden I ask "So when's the fight and what time?" Christopher picks up a stick.

"Next Thursday at five o'clock in the morning. We're all going to St. Paul De Vence, a small place in France".

Arthur

I walk down the street trying to think what Lucifer is talking about.

'A reunion?'.

I would never meet him on purpose. I don't think I recall ever meeting him. He must be messing around, it is Lucifer after all.

But a part of me knows that there's truth to his words. I find a nearby bench which I sit on. My head starts to hurt from all of this thinking. I rub my temples to try and relive the ache.

I sigh, deciding to go back to the house. I only went out to hope that the peace and quiet will help jog memory, but nothing.

I stand up from the bench and walk back to the house. As I'm about to open the front door I know exactly what Lucifer is talking about.

'Regina'.

My blood runs cold, thinking back to that vile Witch who almost destroyed me. I need to tell the others. Now.

I open the door and storm into the living room "Where are the others?" Simon points to the back garden "Bring them in now, I've found out what Lucifer meant".

Under a minute later Amelia, Christopher and Nicholas come in, I can tell they've been training Amelia harder from looking at the state of her. I look at everyone, make sure no one's missing "What is it?" Christopher asks.

"It's Regina".

Some of them look shocked and some look angry, Amelia is the only one who's confused so before she asks I say "Regina is a Whitch...but she was once my lover" Her eyes look like they're about to pop out.

Gregory sighs and lowers his head "How did we not instantly think of that bitch".

Regina and I met in 1692 in Salem, the year the Witch trials started. I walked into a bakery. I brought a piece of bread for a poor child near a tavern. It was Regina who served me.

It was like love at first sight, we met everyday since. Her personality was beautiful, she was kind and generous. We lost our purity to each other, she saw every inch of my body as I did hers.

I didn't go to the bakery one morning as I heard that there were rumours of a Whitch that they were going to burn on the stake. It was horrific, seeing an innocent girl being burned in public just because she asked for some herbs to add for her dinner.

I stopped going to the bakery for a while. I prayed to God to help save these innocent women and girls.

The only way he could help them was to send them to heaven where they can rest and if they were that pure he would grant them a choice wether to be a guardian angel or to rest in heaven.

A week later I went to the bakery but on my way there I thought about my feelings towards her, I realised I had mistaken true love for a love of a friend.

I went into the bakery but it was empty, I shouted her name but there was no answer but I vaguely heard someone talking and a strange smell coming from the back room.

I opened the door and found Regina her back faced towards me, she didn't know I was there and the sight shocked me.

She was fully naked, sat in the middle of an upside-down pentagram with black lit candles on the end of each point.

Above her was Satanic objects, she was chanting Latin words. I recognised what she was saying.

"Dark Lord grant me this gift of taking forms of other people's identities to protect myself.

Protect myself from finding out what I truly am, a Witch. I promise to serve you Dark Lord for the rest of my now immortal life".

She lifts up a serpent above her self and sliced the serpent down from it's neck. The blood and guts fell onto her body. She rubbed the blood all over her body and started to chant again.

"I will devote myself to you".

I stepped back hoping to get out of there before she noticed me but I accidentally knocked a jar of what I saw goats eyes when the jar smashed to the ground.

Her head turned all the way back in an unnatural way, I could hear her bones crack. Her eyes turned black and she hissed.

"Oh dear lover, how nice of you to visit me. I thought you forgot about me".

I was lost for words.

"Would you like to join me? Devote your life to the Dark Lord, you can be immortal and we can be together forever. How tempting does that sound?".

"What did you do?" She laughed and stood up, her body turned towards me "The Dark Lord granted me a gift".

Infront of my eyes she transformed her body, she was no longer Regina but me. It was like I was looking into a mirror.

She transformed back into her original body. I couldn't help but express my words that were filled with disgust. She didn't like my words.

"I thought we were lovers, we were going to be together forever!".

I told her how I felt and then we fought physically. Since I made an Amulet into a human I was still connected to it so I still had my powers.

She was shocked to say the least. I told her what I am and how I'm devoted to God. We fought hard. I thought I killed her so I teleported somewhere far from Salem.

Now I know she's alive. She's the only being I've seen change into another person's body.

She must've tricked Lucifer and pretended she was me, but what did she do?