Chapter 24

I can't see my mother's expression but I can only guess she's staring him down, trying to see if he's lying. She sighs, I assume she knows he's telling the truth.

"Ok" She says stepping to the side pulling me with her so they can enter "Thank you" Arthur says. He steps inside and the other two men enter following behind him.

My mum and I walk into the living room, she waves them over to follow us "You have a very lovely home" Arthur compliments, my mum replies with a grunt. I roll my eyes "Thank you" I say politely.

My mum points to the sofa "You can sit down" The three men thank her and sit down "Amelia, can you make some tea for me and our guests if they would like some" The three men say in unison "Yes please" I nod and make my way to the kitchen.

Once the teas are done I carry them on a tray with also a little jug of milk and a little bowl of sugar cubes and also three little spoons for the men since I don't know how they like it".

All of us are now sat down "Oh how rude of me, the man on my left is Christopher and the man on my right is Nicholas" They both greet us with a hello.

"Why are you here?" Mums tone has a hint of hostility "We are here because something big is coming. I've had a vision and it did not end well so we are here to warn you and prepare for what's coming and hopefully come up with a plan that doesn't end with the end of the world".

I choke on my tea "The end of the world?" He sadly sighs "Yes unfortunately. They have an army so we need to make one. Katherine, we need all of the Guardians on our side. The rest of us are on their way, they should arrive tomorrow. Dràkones".

He looks at the book of knowledge on the table "We need your knowledge" He sips his tea.

"Sadly it seems my creator has stolen some of my knowledge, we do not know the reason behind it, we can only guess and assume".

The three men glance at each other "That is strange, unfortunately we cannot help with that, I apologise" My mum slurps her tea "I can get the Guardians on board, I don't think they exactly want the end of the world either".

Arthur turns his body towards me "Amelia, you need to harness your power and train it, it is the major key to help end this war" I look to the floor "I can't, Dràkones had a page and it dissapeared" He nods.

"Christopher and Nicholas can help you" I look at the two men "We can start tomorrow" Nicholas states "I'll go to the Guardian base tomorrow to warn and ask them for help" My mum says.

"Thank you Katherine" Seeing that it's getting dark I look at the clock on the wall.

19:45

"So do you have somewhere to stay? If not I have an air bed and some extra blankets and pillows" Arthur, Christopher and Nicholas stand up.

"No thank you, on our way here we saw a B&B we can stay there for the meantime, we are greatful for your hospitality, we shall take our leave and see you all tomorrow at precisely twelve o'clock, we need to prepare fast. Goodnight all".

Once the front door closes my mum groans "Do you fancy anything to eat? I know today was mentally draining but we still need to eat" I really don't want to but I know I have to.

"Sure" My mum ponders "Takeaway? I know none of us can be bothered to cook. I can do with some pizza and ice cream" My stomach viciously rumbles at the thought.

She chuckles and picks up her phone "Pizza and ice cream it is".

When our food arrived I devoured my veggi pizza and we demolished the ice cream. I yawn and look at the time.

22:56

I look over to my mum "I think I'm going to head up, I love you and if you need me call me" She smiles "I love you too sweet and if you need me call me too.

I kiss the top of her head "Goodnight Drà".

"Goodnight Amelia".

Trudging my way upstairs I attempt to hold back a yawn. I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth, afterwards I turn off the light and go to my room.

After changing into my pajamas I kneel beside my bed and pray, praying for my family, and praying for the world. Once I'm in bed sleep instantly takes me. Little did I know I'd get an unexpected visitor.

Sat on a beautifully carved wooden bench with a breath taking cherry blossom tree not far from me I inhale the fresh air with delight.

"It is a beautiful tree, but it'll look better dead" I feel a presence next to me, I open my eyes and groan in annoyance "What are you doing here?".

The Kìteçam sighs "And here I thought you'd be excited to see me" I violently turn towards him "I asked you a question and I expect you to answer it".

He laughs "Wow fistey. I'm just here to say our plan has to start earlier than expected" I try not to show my alarmed expression "When?" I say cooly.

"In two days".

I shoot up from my bed with wide eyes, fully awake.

'Fuck'.

(Honestly guys I think the rest of the chapters will be absolutely shite like this one so I understand if you stop reading but I hope they'll be decent enough to read.

I never knew this book would be so complicated to write! I also had my covid booster jab yesterday so I hope this is an excuse as to why this chapter is just shit...

I also just want to thank the people who have read this far! I'll try my hardest to make the rest of the chapters better but I honestly can't promise anything 😭)