Chapter 2

"Amelia you're going to be late for work!".

Quickly brushing my teeth I shout down "I'm almost done mum" I spit out the toothpaste and jog to my drawers, I get out my underwear, skirt and top.

I put on my underwear minus my bra since the top I'm wearing doesn't require one. Then my floral skirt, its a pastel blue with little flowers around them I love it!

I then put on my blue floral top that I have to wrap around my top half and tie it tightly at the back so my boobs don't fall out.

I run to the mirror to brush my hair and tie it in a ponytail, my brown hair is so long and thick.

'I should get a haircut'.

I place my hand on my chin and ponder at the thought, I quickly snap out of my thoughts when I realise that I'm going to be late.

I run to the corner of my room where my pastel blue backpack is, which is on the chair in the corner with my desk.

I grab it and look inside.

Purse - Check
Keys - Check
Lipbalm - Check

So that's three items so far, I just need to get my water bottle and that's it!

I jog downstairs and run into the kitchen and grab my water bottle and go to the fridge to get some filtered water out to fill the bottle.

Once that was done my mum entered the kitchen, she saw me and smiled "Morning honey you nearly ready?" I smile back at her "Yes all done apart from that I need to get my phone and my flats on and I shall be then ready".

"Ok hun go quick you're nearly late you've got about five minutes until your shifts starts"

I run upstairs and grab my phone then put my flats on and once again jog downstairs, my mum's waiting by the door, ready to drop me off since I'm nearly late and it takes about 10 minutes to get there.

"I'm ready mum!" My mum looks at me, "Ok sweet pea let's go to the car" We walk out of the house and go to the car, we hop in and put on our seat belts, my mum starts the car and now we're on our way to the library which is my workplace.

My mum looks at me when we stop at the red light. "Remember the rules baby be back-" I say with her in unison "Before six the latest" I look at her with a smile "Don't worry mum I know, you've planted these rules in my head for fourteen years" I roll my eyes and chuckle.

My mum's eyes soften and relaxes, she reaches her hand and rests it on my face and lightly strokes my cheek "I know, I just worry".

We smile and my mum continues our journey when the light turns green.

We arrive at the library, I quickly peck her cheek and quickly hop out of the car so I won't be later then I already am, just as I was about to close the car door my mum shouts "I love you sweet pea have a good day!"

"I love you too mum" I close the car door and run into the library, as I run in I see my boss standing by the front desk with a frown on his face.

His names Larry, he's 64 and owned this library for about 35 years, he said he isn't leaving until he's dead, he may look like a grumpy old man on the outside but he's actually nice.

Tapping his foot on the carpeted floor "Amelia you are 6 minutes late you know, I like people who are on time".

"I know Larry and I'm sorry I accidentally slept a bit longer since you know it was a bit busy yesterday with that author round signing his new book and so many people were here".