Chapter 26

One Week Later

It's been a week. A week ago he said the plan starts in two days but nothing, he didn't appear physically or in my dreams.

Every night I've been on the edge of my seat thinking he could come any time but nothing. Truthfully I'm worried but not for him, for me.

I don't know where he is and what game he's playing.

A part of me is thinking maybe he's scared of the Morts as they're stronger than him. He may be a powerful Ročhièc but I'm sure he has his fears too.

Yes I now know they're Morts, Arthur explained everything. Gregory, Peter, Simon and Jacob arrived the next morning when Arthur, Christopher and Nicholas left.

They arrived on the dot. The next day after that Christopher and Nicholas were true to their word. They trained me to fight and unlocked some of my powers.

I can conjure all of the elements. They've taught me to levitate objects. Apparently I'm a quick learner but the one thing that's difficult is teleportation.

They reassured me that it's alright, the rest of the Morts also had difficulty. They have the same powers as me, they're strong but since I have the most powerful part of the Amulet I'm stronger than them.

I've asked if there's any other powers I can use but strangely they went quiet. There's something they're not telling me. From their silence and quick change of subject there's another power in me that hasn't been unlocked.

I'm not stupid, I clicked that the other dormant power inside me is dangerous. But what is it?

I'm going to ask them again. I need to know, if they don't want to teach me then it's fine. I'm not going to mess around with dangerous shit I just want to know what it is.

Right now I'm in the back garden with  Christopher and Nicholas practicing my fighting skills. I need to train hard.

Christopher placed a blindfold on me, I need to rely on my other senses.

"Focus on your surroundings. Feel our presence. Hear our movements. Don't focus too hard, just hear and sense us".

All I can hear is the light breeze of the wind. I can slightly hear footsteps and suddenly I'm swept off my feet, I scramble back on my feet.

"Focus!".

I feel a fist connect with my stomach "Ah!" I spin quickly to my right and my fist connected with what felt like a face. I sense something coming behind me, I push my hand out and held a fist, I immediately kick hard at someone's stomach.

I hear a groan and suddenly I feel multiple presences coming at me everywhere. I attack and defend myself then I feel a hard fist hit my face which sends me to the ground.

The wind is knocked from my lungs, I try to get up but a hand is lightly wraps around my neck. I push my hand out and the hand is no longer around my neck.

I must've used my power "Don't use your power! Take your blindfold off" I lift my body up in a sitting position and unwrap the thick material covering my eyes. I blink a few times to get used to the sunlight.

Nicholas pushes himself from the tree with a groan, Christopher stands infront of me with a blank expression and holds his hand out for me to take.

He pulls me up back onto my feet "You did good, but not good enough. You managed to injure us a couple of times but you can do better".

Nicholas is now next to Christopher "Let's go back inside, I see you need a quick break" We get some water and head to the living room where I see the rest of the Morts talking to each other with Drákones involved in the conversation.

They immediately stop their conversation when they see us entering the living room "How's the training going?" Peter asks "It's going good but she needs more practice" Nicholas answers.

They all nod, I see there's an empty stop on the chair which I go to sit on. I sigh feeling the soft cushion on my back.

My mum isn't here. She explained that she went to the Guardian base, what was meant to be a one trip turns into a frequent visit she's been gone for three days. My heart leaped with joy when she told me I had an aunt.

I asked her if I can meet her but she said not at the moment which got me down but I understood.

I see Arthur stand up and announce that he's getting a drink. I take that opportunity to follow him and ask the question that everyone's reluctant to tell me.

He opens the fridge door "Would you like a drink too?" I clear my throat "Yes please" He takes out two water bottles "Um Arthur?" He hums "Yes Amelia".

I pray he doesn't avoid my question.

"I want to know what my dormant power is, I'm not stupid, I know it's dangerous. I just want to know you don't have to teach me and if it's that dangerous I won't ask you to teach me. I just want to know".

He sighs "Ok I'll tell you, you might want to sit down" I do as he says, sitting on the chair next to the island table. He does the same.

"Your dormant power...is darkness".

'Darkness?'.

"You can conjure shadows, nothing like Shadowers, but similar, you can control them to do whatever you want, they are your slaves.

You can manipulate people's thoughts. Make them see things that aren't there. You can turn people insane, literally if you mess with their minds so much they will no longer know what's a figment of their imagination or what's real".

He pauses, I can tell that he doesn't want to say anynore.

"Please Arthur, I need to know what other dangers I can cause. You don't have to worry Arthur, I don't want this darkness. After we defeat Lucifer and his Ročhiècs I won't use my powers anymore. I'll have no need for them".

I truly mean it.

"Amelia. You can kill people instantly, the darkness is too powerful. You can look at someone, snap your fingers and break their neck. With a flick of your wrist you can literally rip their heart out and so many others".

My eyes widen "I don't want to hear anymore-" Arthur interrupts me "You can end the world Amelia, just like Lucifer plans to" My hands start to shake.

I take a sip of my water bottle, almost spilling it on myself "How do you know this?" He also takes a sip of his water "Because one of the Amulets unlocked it, I came across him randomly and witnessed him causing chaos I hid behind a tree.

For the first time in my whole life, I was scared Amelia

I also saw his death he died from his own darkness, he couldn't handle it properly but I saw from his body language that his humanity came back. He ordered his shadows to kill him before he lost his humanity again".

I am completely speechless, my mind is trying to process the horrific information he gave me "You're
regreting asking now aren't you? I can see the fear in your eyes".

I nod.

"Arthur! Amelia!" Our heads snap to the living room, we look at each other and walk inside the living room. Jacob has a letter in his hand which he passes to Arthur.

He reads it out loud.

(Four more fucking chapters to go!

For what I have planned, I think it's going to shock you, the rest of the chapters will probably be long like this one.

The next chapter will come out later today!)