Chapter 19

The next morning I wake up with the conversation between me and the Kìteçam in my head, I sigh remembering what was said between the two of us.

I stretch and hear my bones crack, getting out of bed I walk out of my room to go to the bathroom to brush my teeth, whilst I'm doing that one sentence what he said pops in my mind.

'I need your help'

I shake my head. That conversation is sticking between us, no one else will know what was said between us, not my mother, and not Drà. My teeth clean I spit out the remaining toothpaste in my mouth and walk back to my bedroom to get changed.

Opening my chest of drawer I pick out my underwear, black jeans, a red blouse and black flats with a lace design, once dressed I look in the mirror and put my hair in a ponytail, as I was putting my hair up I can feel it's a bit greasy.

 'I am definitely going for a nice evening shower tonight'.

I guess looking nice makes up for feeling gross? I decided not to wear any makeup today. Hearing the kettle I make my way downstairs, in the kitchen I see my mum making a tea "Morning".

She looks at me "Morning, do you want a tea?" I let out a little yawn "Yes please" Getting a cup out of the cupboard she says "Someone seems tired didn't you sleep well?" I shake my head.

"Not really I felt a bit hot last night" I sit on the chair in the kitchen "If it helps I couldn't either..." My eyes go wide in paranoia.

'Does she know?'

'Did she hear anything?'

'No she couldn't we kept quiet I-'

My paranoia was interrupted by my mum placing a cup of tea in front of me, I look up and smile at her "Thank you mum" She ruffles up my hair "I need to go out today will you be alright by yourself? Well I know you have Drà but speaking of the devil where is he?" I think for a split second, once again my eyes widen.

'I left him in the living room'.

Realisation hits me.

'He heard everything, fuck!'

I stand up from the chair and walk to the living room "Are you ok?" My mum asks as I'm walking away "Yeah I remember he's in the living room" Seeing him on the sofa I gently place myself next to him "What did you hear?".

He doesn't say anything for a second "You know I thought you were a smart girl Amelia" There was another pause "But I was proven wrong" I don't know how to reply to that.

"Please don't tell my mother" I beg him "That's your secret to share" And he left it at that "I know you're disappointed and I'm sorry-" "No, you're not sorry" He's right, I'm not and I don't regret it.

I look down at my lap and play with my fingers "Act natural with me when my mother is around, she can't suspect anything" I don't wait for a reply as I walk out of the living room back to the kitchen.

'It has to be done'.

Meanwhile in Yilcaht

Sat in my chair in the office I think about my plan that I shared with Amelia, I smirk when the conversation plays back in my head. She is a very stubborn girl, so much fire, but she eventually agreed with my plan.

'It has to be done'.

But little did she know the plan she agreed to...

Was also a trap.