Chapter 3

I open my eyes to a blinding white light, I open and close my eyes to help clear my vision, I look around and see that I'm in a hospital. I see the button to call the nurse and I press it.

A couple of minutes later a nurse comes in with a clipboard that has a piece of paper attached, the nurse has a pen in his pocket. "Hi I'm Josh I see you're awake now".

I nod, he gives me a smile "Ok first question how are you feeling?".

I think "I'm ok my, head hurts quite a bit and I feel a little bit fuzzy but nothing bad though" He nods as he writes something down on the paper.

"Ok well that's normal obviously, falling off a ladder and banging your head I think can cause a bit of a headache, we had to give you some stitches on the back of your head since it was still an open wound and we wiped the blood off".

I nod and he continues.

"Well I'm going to go and get you two paracetamols and a cup of water so that'll help, I'll get you a pack so you can take that home, remember two paracetamols every four hours. We're going to keep you for about twenty minutes just to make sure that you're fine, ok I'll be right back and also when you get back home take it easy for a few days".

He walks off and I sigh laying back in bed, about five minutes later Josh comes back in, along with my mum who rushes to me.

"Oh yeah I forgot to mention we rang your mum" Josh says. I look at him with a small smile, he hands me two paracetamols and a cup of water, I take the painkillers "Thank you" He smiles back and leaves the room, my focus goes to my mum.

"Oh sweet pea are you ok? I just finished washing up when the phone rang and they said you were in the hospital and they explained everything to me and I rushed over here" She hugs me "Oh my god sweet pea I was so scared".

I hug her back with the same amount of love "I'm ok mum it's just a headache, Josh said to take some paracetamol and take it easy for a few days" Mum nods.

"Oh Larry called me to tell you when you wake up you're going to have a week off" I pout, I love working there, but since the strange incident happened I feel a bit nervous going back.

'Oh it was just a silly hallucination dream thing, it wasn't real'.

About fifteen minutes later my mum and I were talking about the gossip that happened today with the neighbours that mum heard when Josh came in with a bright smile "Ok miss Love you are free to go".

My mum and I smile at Josh and say thank you and he then leaves the room, mum looks at me with an eyebrow raised "You ready to go home watch some random stuff, get into pj's and get some junk food?".

My eyes light up and a wide smile appears on my face "Yes!".

"I'll be waiting outside and come out when you're ready" When I was ready I walked out of the room and see my mum talking to Josh and I see he gives her the pack of paracetamol, they smile at each other and he walks away, mum notices me and walks up and links my arm with hers "You ready to get out of here?".

"Oh definitely" I say with a groan at the end, we chuckle and walk out of the hospital to the car, we hop in and put our seat belts on, my mum starts the car and we're off to home.

When we arrive we walk in the house "Ok pj's on and then I'll get the snacks" We both make our way up the stairs to our rooms but not without seeing the picture on the wall with my mum, dad and I. Mum rubs my back.

"He will always be with us, spiritually, I know he looks over us from time to time, I can feel it which I know it sounds crazy but I can" She sniffles, I look at her and see that her eyes are a bit watery. I hug my mum from the side.

"I know mum, I can feel it too sometimes, you're not alone" She smiles at me and moves my hair behind my ear and strokes my cheek "And neither are you, you are and will never be alone" We look at the picture and smile then we make our way to our rooms, I go to my drawers and pick out my pj's.

I choose shorts and a tank top since it's summer and boiling and two mix matched trainer socks, once ready I look at my mirror, I look horrible, hair all over the place and my face looks horrible.

I go to the bathroom and wash my face feeling a bit cleaner, I decide to go for a shower tomorrow since I'm drained after today and I'll probably sweat tonight since it's so hot. I brushed a some parts of my hair, a bit cautious with brushing the back a little because of the stitches.

With my hair semi brushed I tie it in a low ponytail and make my way downstairs, I walk into the living room and see my mum in her pj's and placing the snacks on the table, she sees me and looks back to the table.

"So we've got, Sour cream and Onion Pringles, a bar of Aero, a bag of Bournville, chocolate chip and mint ice cream, a bag of Rolos, caramel Galaxy and to the drinks we have a nice small glass of Blossom Hill" She smiles at herself proud of her choices.

She sits on the sofa and grabs the TV remote "Ooo what should we watch?" I walk to the sofa and sit next to her, I think "Bridget Jones?" Mum smiles and put the movie on "Good choice kiddo".

After the movie finished which was at 11:16 which is good because we have to go to bed and lock our windows and doors and leaves the lights on and make sure we pray every night before twelve pm and wear our crosses before my mum cleaned up the living room we were about to go to our separate ways say goodnight but before that my mum says.

"Remember the rules, pray every night, wear your cross, lock the doors and windows and leave the lights on".

"Don't worry mum I know the rules" My mum smiles "Goodnight sweet pea I'll see you in the morning" She kisses the top of my head then walks to her room, I walk to my room and lock the doors and windows, I have a lock in the back of the door so no one can come in, I do the rest of the room and turn my lamp on, I then sit on the bed, eyes closed and hands together and pray.

After that I put on the cross necklace that was on my bed side drawer, I get into bed and think about to what happened today, and that weird nightmare thing I dreamt about.

'It didn't feel like a dream, it felt real in a way, ok I should stop thinking about this and go to sleep it's nearly 12'.

I shake my thoughts off and close my eyes and get comfortable, before I fully went to sleep there's a weird flicker and it seems dark, I open my eyes and see the lamps bulb went out so my room is dark.

My heart starts pounding. I go to find my door to call my mum, I find the door and when I feel the lock, I move the lock to the side and open the door but I can't it isn't opening like it's stuck or something really heavy behind it but that's impossible, I try again, again, again and again and it isn't opening.

I pound on the door harshly shouting for my mum "Mum help please it's dark and I can't open the door please be awake mum!" After calling out multiple times for my mother, I know she can't hear me, I start to cry, I have no extra bulb.

An idea pops up in my head.

'My phone I can use that!'.

I go to find my bed side table and feel it, after a minute I feel my phone, my hands fumbling to pick it up, I turn my phone on and quickly turn my torch on, I place it back on the table and now I can vaguely see my room.

My crying stops, feeling a bit of relief knowing that there's a light. I slowly get back in bed and try to relax, after about 10 minutes I manage sleep.

'Say my name'.

'No'.

( If ya like it vote it cause if ya don't it's a dick move just saying, nah jokes it's cool...but please vote and comment too cause I need to know the thoughts people give me the thoughts! 😭

Ok have a nice day guys or night or afternoon or evening.. ok bye)