Chapter 15

"So this is America" Now out of the airport waiting for a taxi, I attempt to whistle "The fuck you doing?" My head turns towards my mother "I'm whistling the fuck you doing?" She taps her foot on the ground "I am waiting for a bloody taxi" She let's out a heavy sigh "I just want this over with an- oh taxi's here!" We get our suitcases inside mine I have Drákones.

The taxi driver hops out and opens the boot, my mum and I place them in then the taxi driver shuts it then walks back to the taxi, we go to the side, my mum opens the door and we pop in.

"Hiya we need to go toooo fuck where does she live?" I give her a look "You don't know where she lives?!" She coughs nervously "There's been too much stress Amelia I-" "I know where you're going" The driver interrupts her.

We both lean to the side showing clear signs of confusion on our face to the driver, he looks at us through the rear view mirror "She called me" We sit back in our seats properly "How do you know her?" My mum asks, he doesn't give a reply "Ok" my mum says quietly and taps her thighs.

I nudge my mum's shoulder with mine "Hey mum guess what's funny" She stops tapping her thighs and turns towards me "What?" I know she'll hit me for this "Your face" I start to chuckle "Oi!" I knew it! The classic slap on the back of your head, she sits back and crosses her arms "Your face is funny" I let out a dramatic gasp and place my right hand on my chest "Wow mum love you too" She let's out a little chuckle.

The taxi suddenly stops which makes my mum and I jolt forward "Ok we're here" The taxi driver says monotone "Oh thank you how much do we owe you?" He doesn't say anything for a second "She already paid me" Then there's that awkward silence which I break "Ok cool, um thanks" I open the door which my mum does the same, we walk to the boot of the car when we hear "It's open!" My mum opens it and we take out our suitcases.

The boot closed now the taxi driver takes straight off "Well that was quick" I look and see a little cottage which two cherry blossom trees lean over, it's beautiful. I sigh still looking at the cottage "Ready?" I hear my mum sigh too "Ready" We walk up to the door and my mum knocks twice, after two seconds the door opens which reveals an elderly woman I'd say mid sixties, grey soft looking curly hair damn I wanna know what shampoo and conditioner she uses, I'll ask later.

The first thing she looks at is me, she doesn't say anything, now staring at me "Come in" She leaves the door open as she walks off, my mum and I look at each other and walk in. "Hello Ameliana, I'm sorry we have to meet again but this is urgent" My mum says ad we enter the living room that's connected to a kitchen, I see Ameliana turn on a kettle "Tea?" I think "I would love some thank you" I reply to her "Yes please" which my mum follows after me.

Everything's quiet but comfortable quiet, my mum and I sit on the sofa, not long after Ameliana brings in the teas on a tray, she places them on the coffee table then sits in a single sofa opposite us, she takes a sip of her tea.

"So he's managed to break the spells I casted for your daughter, so now he can physically harm her which is something we do not want" My mum rubs her hands "Is there anything that you can do? Place another protection spell on her?" Ameliana places her cup on the table then leans back "A protection spell won't work, I placed a very powerful one on her and since he's managed to break it he'll easily break it again".

My mum takes a sip of her tea "What can you do?" Ameliana doesn't say anything for a second "There's nothing you can do" She says, my mum clears her throat "Nothing?" Ameliana shrugs, her eyes look like they have a hint of sadness which quickly dissapears "I really am sorry Katherine, all you can do is protect her-" I quickly interrupt her "I can protect myself".

They both suddenly turn their attention to me both of their eyebrows narrowed In deep confusion "Amelia what are you talking about?" My mum asks, I rub my hands on my jeans.

I start "Ok mum I didn't tell you this before but that was because I thought I was hallucinating, but do you remember the day when I ran home because I was attacked and I showed you Drákones and you told me everything?".

She nods "Yes I remember" I take a deep breath "Well when I got close to home I may have encountered a Ročhièc and I said something cause it was about to attack me and this light came out of my hand and it sent that thing flying and when it hit the ground it dissapeared".

The sound of glass smash on the floor I quickly look over to Ameliana since the sound came from her direction, her eyes wide, she dropped her cup "What did you say?" She whispers in what sounds like disbelief, she stands up and tucks both of each side of her head behind her ears "I'm going to clean this up" She then walks out of the living room.

The living room still quiet I look towards my mum to see the same expression as Ameliana "I'm sorry I didn't tell you mum, everything happened so quick and-" I sigh "I didn't want to believe it, there's just so much shit going on" She reaches over and pats my knee "It's ok, I understand".

We hear a door open and  see Ameliana with a dustpan and brush, she doesn't say anything whilst she's sweeping up the broken glass, once all of the glass is swept up she goes to a bin and tips it in there, she walks back and sits in her seat "You've activated yourself" I raise one eyebrow and ask "And what does that mean?" She looks at me.

"The only one who activated themselves is the original, the first amulet, she was powerful, when she passed it was kept a huge secret, no one dared to speak of it but as times went by with amulets being born they were never activated so people thought of it as a myth and soon forgot".

"How do you know this? If everyone forgot or thought it was a myth how do you know?" I ask "It was revealed to me" Curiosity high "How was it revealed?" "It doesn't matter, all that matters now is that you're activated and if anyone finds out you'll be a bigger target than you already are. He will try with all of his might to get you he will do anything so you" She points a finger at me "Don't do anything like that again" "But what if she gets attacked again and I'm not there to protect her" My mum says.

"Then you'll have to teach her" My mum clenches her fists and her nostrils flair "You know I can't do that Ameliana she isn't a guardian! It's illegal and she doesn't have the physical strength for it or the mental strength!" Ameliana tilts her head back and rubs her temples "Katherine that's all there's nothing else we can do".

"Ameliana please can you think of something else!" Ameliana slams her hand on the coffee table obviously angry "There is nothing else! She can't activate herself again! You know if he finds out he will do anything with all of his might to get her! Think like a guardian Katherine you were born and trained to protect her so protect her!".

My mum says nothing for a second "Thank you Ameliana, you've been a great help" She stands up "Come on sweet we're leaving, goodbye Ameliana" She takes my arm and we walk to the front door, now outside walking away we hear the door open "You forgot your suitcases!" Mum and I look at each other then back towards Ameliana which she holds two suitcases "Wait here" She walks towards her and takes the suitcases "Thank you".

When my mum walks back to me I ask "Hey mum how are we getting back?" Just as I say that a taxi comes up and stops, it's the same taxi driver that took us here, he steps out of the taxi and walks to the boot of the car and opens it "I am not going to question this" I say "Agreed" She replies.

Suitcases in the boot that's now closed we get in the taxi that's now driving "I'm sorry Amelia" My mum says with a sad tone "You don't need to say sorry, there's nothing we can do" There's a moment of silence "Thank god we're going home" She let's out a little chuckle "Thank god".