Epilogue

"...I know, I'm exploring the whole building right now. I didn't know, it was this big"

"So, were you able to get the last-minute roommate?", Addison's boisterous voice fills the speakers of my phone.

"Fortunately, yes. She also got accepted last minute. We were lucky to get the last room and she's the friendliest. In the beginning, I was nervous but her nature made it so much easier"

"Can we exchange? Roommates get changed every year and this time, mine's acting like the Grinch. I'm thinking of pleading with the office to change one of us"

"Where is the optimistic, always–ready –to give– a– chance Addison I know"

"She died the moment she got to college"

"Just give her a chance, you never know"

"Fine", she groans.
"But only because you said so"

Silence passes between us and I enter the next wing of the school building.

"So...?"

"So, what?"

I have an idea of what she means but I was hoping to delay this conversation for some time.

"Have you talked to him?"

"Not yet", I mumble

"What are you waiting for?", she asks, sounding shocked.

"Honestly, I'm scared"

"Scared of what? You've both not seen or heard from each other for a year and you refused to tell him you got accepted into the same college as him but you both seem to be waiting for each other"

I let out a sigh.
"It's been a whole year, Addison. How do you know he's not lost his feelings for me?"

"Trust me, Lexi, he hasn't. The guy is always asking of you"

"Then why hasn't he made an effort to call or even text"

"Probably the same reason you haven't done the same"

"Seriously, you both are making something that doesn't have to be complicated complicated"

"Our relationship's been complicated from the start"

"But you both never give up on each other. That is what keeps it going. Don't give up now"

"Fine, I will talk to him"

"Lexi", she whines through the speaker.

"You want me to go right now?", I deadpan.

"Yes. I know you, Lexi. Your I will is you telling yourself you'll do it in a week and gaining the willpower to do it in the next. Besides, the both of you are now in the same college, he might see you in the hallways or in class. I am your number one shipper, do not disappoint me"

"Fine. I'm going right now", I say
"God, you're so persistent"

"Yes", she yells
"That's my girl. You know his room number, right?'

"Yes, room 105"

"Correct. I'll be waiting for your call after you reunite and kiss. Even if it goes further, I need to know every single thing"

"Addison", I groan

"What?. Go make your number one shipper proud"

I hang up deciding to take Addison's advice.

Applying for The University of Michigan was unplanned.

I hadn't received any acceptance letters from the other schools I had applied to but the very thought of Blaze had me searching the school, moving to their site, filling out their forms, and sending them.