Chapter Four

I am currently hanging upside down on my bed because it's Saturday and I have nothing to do; at least for now.
Luckily, I went through the rest of the week peacefully. I regret talking back to Blaze.
Yes, he was an ass but better to ignore him than to draw unwanted attention.

Besides the point, I'm  pretty sure Blaze has forgotten about me.

I wish I could stay in bed all weekend and do nothing but my mum has different ideas. She persuaded me to keep myself busy because according to her,it will benefit me so I figured why not babysitting.

I love children, I could make money out of taking care of them and it will keep Mum off my back.

She was ready to spread the message in the hospital she works at; busy mums and all and I got my first appointment. A doctor in the hospital needs a babysitter for his six-year-old today.

I lock up the house since Brandon has gone over to a friend and mum is at the hospital.
Since we moved here, Brandon's always visiting friends. He is more happy here than he was in New York.
At least,that makes one of us.

I type the address mum had given me into my GPA and start driving.

I let down my windows and feel the soothing effect the wind has through my hair. Michigan is beautiful and in the beginning when Mom told me we were moving here,I flipped but within the two months, I've realized I need it.
I need the change of scenery,I need to escape the past.
I need a new life where I can pretend to be okay, a new town I know no one, and memories I can run from.

Thirty minutes later, I am driving towards a three-story building. I park at the edge of the road. There is a stretch of grass on each side of the house,a narrow driveway that only a car can fill between the stretch of grasses with shrubs lined on the grass in front of the house.
There are palm trees on both sides of the grass adding to the beautiful blend of nature.

The house is beautiful.

I walk towards the driveway to the front door and press the doorbell. Seconds later, a little girl with blonde hair opens the door and stares at me questionably.

"Who are you?,she asks

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop answering the door", a voice says and a man who appears behind her.
The man seems to be in his late forties,has black hair,blue eyes and looks to be 6'5, he offers me a smile which I return

Hi, I say stretching my hand
"I am Alexa and I am here about the babysitting job, Mr..."

I am so dumb, I didn't even ask Mum his name and I am going to be babysitting for him.
Mom just called him Doctor.

"Seth", he replies
"And you must be Stephanie's daughter, nice to meet you"

"She", he says pointing to the little girl
"Is Ellie".

"You came on time but I'm running late,I have to rush to the hospital. Ellie's brother is in the house in case you see him"

"Brother!?, I ask in confusion.
"I thought I was the only one going to be in the house with Ellie"

"Oh yes, I'm so sorry about that. I forgot to mention that to your mom.
I have a son; actually your age but don't worry you won't see him much because he's always in his room"

A boy my age, just great.
I am not a fan of awkward meetings and conversations

Who am I kidding?
I am not even a fan of meetings and conversations.

"Thanks so much for doing this. I have to go but I'll be back by six .I'll call if anything changes",he says

He gives Ellie a quick kiss on the cheek and rushes out of the house

I glance back at Ellie looking at me with her head tilted staring at me with confusion
"What is wrong?"

"How did you get your hair to be curly", she asks

I have brown thick curly hair that rests just above my waist

"I was born with it", I say trying to explain to the six-year-old in front of me
"Like how you were born with the blonde color of your hair. I was born with curly hair"

I go through the front door and close it.
The inside is more beautiful than the outside
Chandeliers hung from the ceiling. Paintings and artworks line the hallway walls leading to the living room.

Before I can move to look at a painting, Ellie drags me by the hand to the living room
She sits me on the couch and places an array of Disney princess DVD movies in my hands

"Which of them is your favorite Disney princess movie. Choose wisely, if my favorite is your favorite,I might like you"

"Favorite Disney princess movie...hmm
Beauty and the Beast", I say pointing to the DVD

"Are you sure Dad didn't tell you it was my favorite", she asks lifting an eyebrow
"I don't like hypocrites"

I had just known Ellie for fifteen minutes and already I knew she was a firecracker

"I promise,he didn't tell me. My middle name is Annabelle so I love Beauty and the Beast"

"Can I also change my name to Belle", she asks with a pout

"Sweetheart, it doesn't work that way but
what do you say about making popcorn and watching Beauty and the Beast"

She sends me a smile
"Dad says I am not allowed to eat too many sweets but seeing as you are the best;like me,can I have the cookies dad hid on the top shelf", she says dragging me towards the kitchen.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: Fourth chapter up loves

If you liked this chapter

Please

Vote

And

Comment