06. Take It or Leave It

Start from the beginning

The Omega tiptoed out of the room and quickly headed to his own bedroom and straight into the shower.

Of course, the water heater was broken again and he had to rush through an ice cold shower, but he needed to be clean. With shivering lips, he quickly got out of the shower and dressed in warm and baggy sweat pants and shirt with his favorite wool socks before grabbing the first aid kit and headed back to the living room.

The Alpha was shirtless, sitting on his sofa, passed out.
Apo quietly set the kit down on the table and just sat on the arm of the sofa and looked at the big Alpha. The wound from the bullet grazing him wasn’t too bad, it just needed cleaning and to be dressed. The Omega let his eyes wonder over the Alpha’s exposed skin and he bit his lower lip. Broad strong shoulders and defined arms with big hands. Abs he wanted to trace his fingers over had a very thin patch of dark hair from his navel disappearing down into his pants that looked a bit tight or the Alpha was just that well endowed.

The only markings on the masculine perfection in front of him beside the bullet graze was a plain tattoo, a one inch thick line that started just under his right collarbone and went over his shoulder. Apo looked closer at Mile’s features and he looked so relaxed in sleep, his lips slightly parted and bowed for a perfect kiss. His cheeks smooth and his lashes brushing his cheeks. Apo wanted to touch him, run his fingers through his hair and cuddle into his lap and—

The Omega got up and stepped away.

No.

Mile was his friend, he had no business being attracted to him in such a needy way. He took a deep breath and opened the first aid kit.

Mile suddenly woke sitting up and sleepy eyes looked at him.

“Hey, sorry. I guess I’m more tired that I thought,”

“It's ok, let me clean this up for you,”

Apo proceeded to clean the gash. Mile hissed quietly and clenched his jaw.

Did you... did you kill the man?,”

There were no sounds in the house besides their quiet voices, they could hear each other breathing.

Yeah,”

They stayed silent for the duration of the Omega dressing the wound, the Alpha watching his delicate hands work gently over his skin.

When Apo stood to go put away the first aid kit, Mile put his shirt back on and looked back up to find the beautiful Omega standing by the sofa, swallowed up by too big sweats, one elegant shoulder exposed and those impossibly warm light brown eyes looking at him, Mile made himself look away and he couldn’t stop the question from escaping his mouth.

Did anyone hurt you tonight?,”

Apo’s eyes widened at the question before he sat down at the other end of the sofa and kept his eyes on his hands, deciding he needed to cut his nails soon.

No, two of them were regulars. One doesn’t even touch me,” He said.

Looking up at the Alpha and those damn intense black eyes looked at him like they could eat him whole.

What?,”

Apo smirked and looked away. “Bobby. He pays me to
watch me.”

Mile’s eyebrow shot up. “Watch you do what exactly?.”

Apo had never felt shy before but Mile made him feel that way and he couldn’t look at the big Alpha.

He watches me get myself off. He never touches me,”

A flash of Apo on all fours in that little black dress, ass presented and mewling with two fingers inside of himself, looking back over his shoulder at the Alpha hit Mile and he had to clear his throat to chase the erotic
image away.

A—And the other?,”

Mile. Why do you want to know?,

I just—. You don’t have to tell me, I shouldn’t have asked. I’m sorry,”

Billy pays to pleasure me with his tongue. The other was someone I’ve never seen before, he wanted sex,” He said.

Looking up at the Alpha that now stood, picking up his jacket and slipping it on. Apo had given himself false hope and let himself dream of Mile wanting him, but the reality was that Mile wasn’t interested in him and part of Apo wanted to sabotage any chance because the Alpha was too good for him. He was noble and good, a respected policeman.

Apo wasn’t even sure why Mile came to see him every week, bringing him food and things for Nolan. The only real reason was the Alpha felt sorry for him, and Apo didn’t know what to do with kindness, didn’t know what
to do with pity. The Omega had never met an Alpha that didn’t demand something from him, or just take what they wanted from him.

Apo stood, willing his tears to stay at bay because he wanted Mile, he wanted the Alpha and he knew he wouldn’t want a whore. He deserved so much more.

“I have a proposition for you,”

The Omega looked up at the Alpha who was looking at him with uncertainty and something else Apo couldn’t name.

“W—what?,” Apo asked, feeling confused.

Those damn bright brown eyes were filled with confusion and Mile took a step towards the Omega only for Apo to take a step back. The Alpha stood still with his hands up, trying to look as nonthreatening as possible.

Apo, I’d never hurt you, you have to know that,”

Apo mentally kicked himself, he hadn’t meant to step back it was just an automatic reflex, Mile was an Alpha and a big one at that. If Mile wanted to do something to him, Apo wouldn’t be able to fight him off, part of him reminded him he wouldn’t want to.

The Omega just nodded, his hands fisted together over his chest.

“I um—I need a House Omega,”

What?,” Apo hadn’t been expecting that.

Mile smiled at him and looked away rubbing the back of his neck before setting his eyes back on him, serious and honest, making Apo stay completely still.

I’m an Alpha, not very good at nesting or cooking and I’m always working. I have a big house, two story and I never use the upstairs, even my bedroom is downstairs. I could pay you, between my military pension and police salary I’m sure I could pay you at least four hundred a week. I already pay all the amenities and whatever expenses you would need for the house like food or cleaning supplies, I’d pay for.” Mile rambled.

Mile—,”

You and Nolan would be safe,” Mile said, almost looking pleadingly at the Omega.

You wouldn’t have to do what you do now. You wouldn’t have to leave Nolan alone anymore.”

Apo just stared at him wide eyed and couldn’t seem to be able to speak.

Look just, just think about it,” Mile said.

Looking at him once more before turning and leaving the house. Apo sank down onto the sofa, eyes glued to the door.

Mile had just offered him a job, a safe and good job. He’ll wear a collar and be respected and Mile would protect him, officially and under his roof. Four hundred a week guaranteed. He would have a safe place to call home for Nolan, food, heat, hot water. More importantly, he would never have to whore himself out just to eat ever again or at least till Mile found a mate and maybe if he was lucky he could stay on. He shot up from the sofa and ran outside but Mile was already gone.

***