Chapter fifty five

Willa POV

I was most definitely drunk at this point, the time turned twelve meaning we had been here a good two hours. Charlie was passing me drink after drink with Erin's approval. She even helped pick what to give me because of the whole Evan situation.

"So tell me, what happened between you two?" Charlie asked with a raised brow. His hand gripping yet another glass of Pimms. I frowned and shoved him playfully. "Nothing happened between us"

"That is clearly a lie" he shot back "you look like you want to kill him"

I shook my head "no- I don't even think I hate him truthfully. I'm just angry"

"Then tell me. What happened ?" Charlie pushed which made me grumble.

"He cheated on me when I was heavily pregnant. He decided that I was either not attractive anymore or- that he simply didn't want that life for himself" I stated lowly, my voice lightly trembling. "We were going to get married, it was all booked. And he threw everything away"

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know and I didn't mean to make you think about it again" Charlie stated sadly as he placed his hand against my arm.

"No it's fine, honestly. Just grab me another drink" I joked whilst pointing towards the bar.

Charlie grinned "with pleasure princess"

Erin bounced over like she usually did, her makeup around her eyes now smeared and her hair messy. "God this place is amazing!"

"The music- the drinks... the people" she gushed as she leant into my side. "You're amazing" she squeaked

I blushed lightly "no you're amazing" I slurred back with a wink. "Where is Lewis?"

"Ah- he is with Evan having a smoke outside" she replied flatly

I smiled and turned on my heel "well I'm going for a smoke too. Did you want to come with me ?"

Erin pursed her lips "sure, Charlie can come too he is a smoker"

Nodding we waited for Charlie to come back with the drinks, gladly passing over mine "Right to the smokers corner" I exclaimed as we went over.

Once outside the air shook my core- it was freezing so I grabbed my jacket and huddled it closer to my body. "Fuck why is it so cold here"

"You know, you complain an awful lot about the weather" Charlie snickered as he grabbed himself a cigarette from his box.

Shivering I also grabbed my own, placing it between my lips. "I mean do you blame me? How do you even live here"

Erin chuckled "because it's good ol England. That's why"

Turning my eyes instinctively over to Evan I saw him sat on one of the benches with Lewis, it seemed like he was still pretty sober.

"Hey don't bother looking over there, it'll upset you" Charlie interjected as he pulled me back to his attention.

I nodded "right, you're right. I'm being an idiot"