Chapter thirteen

Evan picked me up over his shoulders playfully and carried me inside where he threw me onto the sofa, my wet body instantly drenching it.

"Evan! What are you doing" I squealed with a wide smile

Evan gave me a devious look, his eyes looking down towards my body from head to toe making me flinch. "You're so perfect" his fingers then traced my stomach and up my sides which made me shiver.

"Can I kiss you?" Evan asked softly, his eyes now flickered back to meet my gaze rather than eyeing my nearly naked body.

Gulping back saliva I nodded "you may kiss me"

Evan leaned in, his strong muscular frame towering over me which stirred a lust inside of my stomach. "If you kiss me- does that mean anything to you?" I quickly interjected making Evan stop in his tracks.

"I don't know" he stated truthfully. A look of sadness washing over him. "I don't want to say it will mean anything and it doesn't"

I nodded, feeling my heart drop into my stomach. "I-I respect you for being truthful with me"

"Does that mean I can't kiss you?"

I didn't respond for a second, not sure on what I wanted. Truthfully I wanted nothing more than to feel Evan kiss me right now; but if it meant more heartbreak I wasn't sure if I could deal with it.

"You can kiss me" I responded with my breath hitched in my throat. I was listening to my heart yet again and not my head but I wasn't worried for the consequences. All I knew was I wanted Evan to kiss me so badly that I may have crumbled if he didn't.

"That's what I wanted to hear" Evan responded huskily in my ear, trailing kisses up my neck and to my jawline. "You're incredible"

His lips brushed against mine as he moved his face in-front of me; making me fidget underneath him.

"Kiss me Evan" I pleaded arching my body upwards to try and close the gap but he instead pushed me down with a glinted look in his eyes. "Impatient are we?"

Frowning I turned my head away in embarrassment. Now it just felt like he was toying with my feelings; trying to make me flushed around him as he knew he had full control.

"I-I'm not impatient Evan I just really want to kiss you"

His fingers traced my cheeks, tilting my head so we were mere inches away from touching lips; causing that same knot to grow more in my stomach with tension and lust.

Softly Evan placed his lips against mine; they moved together like perfect puzzle pieces and it felt so right. A burning fire now erupting throughout my entire body- and my body now taking full control.

I wrapped my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss which he allowed, his tongue scouring the inside of my mouth to find my own tongue; which he did, our tongues now battling against one another as the kiss grew more passionate.

Evan began to kiss me harder and more harshly, though it still felt tender and heartfelt; it was truly perfect and the best kiss I had ever shared with anyone before.

My fingers traced his abdomen, feeling his abs clearly against my hands which made my legs tense underneath him, now wrapping around him securely. Evan broke away from the kiss breathlessly, planting his lips tenderly against the corner of my mouth. "You make me feel things I've never felt before"

My eyes began to water but not from sadness this time- but from happiness. Whether or not Evan would be able to commit to me is another story and he has already openly said he doesn't want a relationship; but I would wait patiently for this man and try and figure out why his barriers are set so high. There is more to him than I or anyone else knows.