The one while we're waiting

Y/n pov

"Seriously, what do you think they're doing? Emily kicked me out of the bullpen, literally. They've shut down the cameras into the conference room and now... we've literally been locked in your batcave, it's the worst" i sign, being overly dramatic, plumping down on the couch.

"I think i can think of a few other words you've used for this room, on the very place you're sitting" she say with a smirk as she continues to work on her computers, we've both been locked out of the bullpen the whole day. I laugh even though i'm serious and turn her chair around to face me.

"I'm serious Pen, i hate not knowing something, it makes me overthink things that aren't even there" i say and she immediately cups my face to bring me into her breathing space. Now both she and i know that Em isn't mad at me or anything, it's just my head who can't help but go there.

"Don't, i'm sure it's nothing" she says, reassuring me with her warm brown eyes. Our faces are still only inches apart. But this, this right here is the safest place in the world to me. There is nothing that could take its place in my heart. A pling on her computer makes us turn towards it instead. Her face goes red as i see my name on a note in the corner, she quickly deletes it off her screen but it's already too late.

"What was that?"

"Nothing, it was nothing, i don't know what you're talking about..." i put a finger on her lips to stop her from rambling. Only meeting her gaze with a smile, which makes her fall. "Fine... it's a diary entry i did exactly a year ago. I stared it because i thought the day important and that makes it remind me when it's been a year"

"You write a diary?" i ask and how adorable is that?

"Yeah, i've just never had anyone to talk with about everything so i write it down" but now it's just sad that she writes a diary.

"You stared the day we met?" her gaze tells me she's surprised i remember it. But it's really not. I had just moved here and had decided to walk into the nearest coffee shop, and i asked a colourful stranger what to order. She nods. "Can i read it? Please?"

"I'm not... maybe, i don't know if you should. You'd think it was weird, the first things i thought about you and we were both in serious relationships and..."

"Penelope, please. If i get to read yours i'll tell you the first thing i thought about when i walked into that coffee shop and saw you" as an answer she just pulls out the draft of the diary entry, making it possible for me to read it. So i sit down in her lap, as my chair is broken, and start to read. Her arms wrap around me and she hides her head in my back, afraid of what i'll think.

Dear diary
Today is the 14th of January, 2012
This morning we had just finished a case in Pennsylvania, i literally didn't get any sleep at all as everything seemed to happen at night. Hotch was near a bomb so he wasn't allowed to fly home, Em drove with him. But before i went back to the office to finish things up i had to fill up my coffee from the coffee shop i always go to. And when i sat there, this wonderful woman came in. Her eyes were tired and her smile didn't reach her eyes just yet. But she asked me what to order like she's never been in a coffee shop in her life. Her hair was shoulder lenght of h/c and her clothes were fully covering. But i could see a scar that goes out on her hand and up to her neck. I can't stop thinking about what she could have done that she deserved a scar like that. I know i just met her but i can't stop thinking about her. I hope i do meet her again and i'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and not do research on her but let her tell me her story herself. Who knows, maybe we will turn out to be great friends. Oh, right. Her name is Y/n Sloan and i still can't stop thinking about her.

"Wow" is the only thing i can say before i turn around to straddle her instead of sitting just in her lap. She still doesn't meet my gaze. "A deal is a deal, so... Dear diary, today is the 14th of January, 2012 and me and Lena have finally moved to Washington DC from Atlanta. I won't say i won't miss it because i will, but i think it'll be a good move for us. I decided to try this coffee shop not far away from the apartment and i didn't know what to get, so i asked the most wonderful woman who was sitting and waiting for her order. Her hair was a bright shade of orange and her clothes screamed in colours. She recommended the Caramel Coffee but if i wasn't a coffee drinker i should order the Peach Tea. I thanked her and after i ordered i introduced myself. Her name, Penelope Garcia, fits her style so much that i thought it would overwhelm me. Her eyes where a warm and dark shade of brown that was comforting and she smiled at me, so i smiled back. I thought to myself 'how can someone be so wonderful in this word' as i've seen the worst of it. But a text from Lena made me leave when i wanted to get to know her. I could use some more friends and not just the people at P3 and she is the kind of girl who you want to be friends with but is afraid to ask to hang out." i say in a similar format of what was going through my head the first day i meet her and i make her look at me. "Surprised? I was surprised at least of it but it was the best decision i ever made to walk into that coffee shop. I love you Penelope, and to think that it only made me fall deeper in love with you than i thought was possible"

"Really?" she asks with a smile and the tears that were starting to form in her eyes are of happiness. I just nod as i brush them off her cheek. "I don't think i never loved you, ever since you walked in through those doors and decided to talk to me. I would have never dared"

"Well good thing that i did then" i close the inches between us again to connect her lips to mine. My hands go back to her hair as her goes to pull my in by my waist. How did i ever get this lucky. "Happy anniversary sweetheart"

"Happy anniversary honey"

"It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life" Rita Rudner