The one with a quick recap (One-shots)

Shopping trip

Y/n pov

"Are you sure about this one Pen?" i ask towards the black dress.

"What? It's hot" she says and i can't help but laugh as she looks in the mirror again.

"It is but you look like you're going to a funeral" and i swear i can see her blush to my words. "Black's not your colour Penelope"

"But i like black" she says with a fake pout that just makes me laugh even more.

"But not for date night, not even Emily wears black to date night" i say, not noticing Emily and JJ come up behind me by the changing room.

"I don't wear black to date night, at least not the outer layer" she says with an undertone that makes us all laugh.

"Well i'm not wearing black lingerie because i only own pink and red" Penelope says and to say it comes as a surprise is an understatement.

"Okay we so need a girls night to get to know each other better then we already do, clearly i know nothing about you guys" JJ says and even though it sounds like a joke, she's dead serious.

"Say when and where, i'll tell Lena to take a night shift and we are all set" i answer, joining in as it's actually a good idea. Both Emily and Penelope agree as well.

"But Y/n's right, it looks like you're going to a funeral, not a date with your boyfriend" JJ adds as she hands her the same dress but in a different colour, it's all the shades of the sunrise. And if the black one was hot on her, what would the right colour be then? I can't stay here and watch her in those dresses. It does things that i don't want to admit because it's wrong. When i put it like that it sound more like it's wrong to like a girl but since i'm a lesbian who's engaged to a woman it's not like that.

"I'm just gonna use the restroom, i'll meet you at the check out" i say and before they all can protest i'm out the door. What is happening? I've known her for a few months now but it's not until i started working with her that these new feelings started to develop. Maybe i should quit?

Morning coffee

Penelope pov

It's become routine for us in the morning. Last one to work buys coffee on the way, but lately it's been different. The last week, every morning, you came by and picked me up with steaming hot coffee for the both of us. Never once have you made me pay you back, never even mentioned it. And since i don't like you spoiling me, i mean i do but not everyday, i'm gonna ask you. And i know it's not a good thing to let this go on but none of us do anything about it so i'm just gonna let it happen.

I sit down in the passenger seat in your car, the first thing you do is hand me a coffee thermos mug with warm coffee in it.

"You know you should let me pay for the coffee some days at least" i say and you laugh, like i had said something funny.

"You're welcome to pay for coffee, but then i'll have to pay you back" i give a questioning face that you see without looking away from the road. "I make the coffee at home Penelope, it's cheaper"

"Really?" i ask as i'm surprised. "It tastes just like coffee from the Rise & Shine"

"I know. When Mark went to medical school, and as i was the only one to really support him, i had to learn how to do things, like make coffee, so he taught me. And i got to help him, always making him a cup every morning before he went to school" you explain, taking a sip out of your own cup. I'm once again amazed by you.

"I want to meet Mark someday, since i get to hear about him from time to time" you have a smile at my words. Like they moved you.

"Perhaps you will, someday"

Movie night

Penelope pov

I knock on your door and you open within the same second. You're wearing a pair of grey sweatpants and a dark blue loose t-shirt. Your eyes are hungry as they see the pizza in my hands.

"You can come in you know" you say with a laugh, catching me staring at you. I laugh with you to brush it off and i walk in.

"Where's Lena?" i ask as a way to ask if we're alone. It's not for the reason you'd think, i just want to hang out with you alone.

"I think there was a shooting so she had to go in and help out" you say and it sounds too normal to not freak me out, if i had a different day job that is. "But we have enough on our own job to talk about that, what do you wanna watch?" you continue to talk as you head into the kitchen to get glasses.

"I don't know, why don't you pick?" i say and you come back with a laugh and two wine glasses in your hands.

"Bullshit, i know you wanna watch Once Upon a time"

"Yeah, i just finished the first season and was gonna start the second but then work came up and i didn't get the time to continue it and then you started and then..."

"Okay okay, chill Penny. We can watch it, i love the series anyway. I mean have you seen Lana Parilla? Or Jennifer Morrison? I'm so a SwanQueen shipper, are you?" you say as you pull it up on the tv. But i don't know how to answer that. "Or are you more into Josh Dallas and Colin O'Donoghue perhaps?"

"Colin is pretty hot, but i'm still a Swan Queen shipper. I mean have you seen the chemistry between them?" i can say that without being attracted to any of them, right? I don't know anything anymore.

"Right, if the producers don't put them together it just mean" you say with a laugh as you start the fifth episode of season two.

Admiration

Y/n pov

I can't help but stare, her curled up blond hair with that blue painted dress. Somehow i can still hear her laughter with JJ over the music in the club. This is so wrong but i really can't help it, i shouldn't feel this but still i do. Maybe Morgan was right about me falling for her somehow, but that doesn't mean i'm falling out of love with Lena. At least now i get why she always gets so jealous of Penelope, i mean how can you not be. She's funny, beautiful, can light up my mood with just one smile. Maybe more than i thought died in Norway, this was the way Lena used to make me feel before i left. But this is so wrong, i can't throw away 13 years just because of this, i don't even know what i'm feeling precisely. And i can't really tell Lena that her overthinking was right all along.

I see Emily whisper in Penelope ear and they both look my way before she smiles and starts to walk my way.

"Come dance with us" she says in her normal happy voice and i can't help but break a smile as she extends me her hand. I chug down what's left of my drink and take her to let her take me out on the dance floor.

Penelope pov

I let the music move my body with JJ and Emily as i feel your eyes on us from the bar, but i can't look over at you because i know that i won't be able to stop.

"She's staring at you, you know" Emily whispers in my ear but i already knew that. But just because she said that it made me look towards you. Your lips are wet from your drink, your hair lies a little wet as it hasn't dried from the rainy weather outside yet. How can someone look so hot leaning against a bar counter. And if i haven't thought it already, i know how inappropriate and wrong it is for me to even think it.

"Why don't you ask her to dance" JJ says and for some reason her eye's say that i should ask you to dance with me specifically. I mean i could ask that, it would just be two friends dancing, right? I can't continue thinking about it so i just make my way over to you and you continue to hold my gaze.

"Come dance with us" i say with a big smile as i give you my hand as an invitation. You chug the last of your drink, putting it on the counter and taking my hand. It's still cold from the cold drink but it still makes me hot with just your touch as i pull you out on the dance floor with Emily and JJ next to us.