chapter nine

At the hospital
"hey Mr. Lopez" i said and shook his hands
"Call me kevin brittany. Anyway. Gloria and I was thinking if you could watch Santana for us? We need to head back to Lima for a business conference and We can't trust anyone other than you and your friends and rachel. Specially you" he said.
"I'm honored Sir. But are you sure?" I said
"Yes. I mean if you want to. And (he whispered in my ear) i kinda want you and santana to get to know each other more. I like you for my daughter" he said.
"O-ohh. Sure Kevin." I smiled blushing. We went inside Santana's room where she was talking with her mom.
"Princess we gotta go. I made sure that you will be safe so I asked Brittany and her peers to look after you" kevin said. Santana just glanced at me and to her father.
"Papi? Are you serious? Last time I checked you hated the fact that I'm gay" she said.
"Ohh Mija.that was in the past. So we gotta go" he kissed santana's cheek and went to their trip. Finn's phone rang. I just stared at him.
"Hey Britt! Trouble on 23rd street!" Finn said after putting his phone down.
"Sure. Want me to go?" I asked
"Oh no. We can handle it. Your not the only black belter in our group you know." He said and i chuckled then bid his goodbye at santana and left.
"Why didn't you go?" Santana said
"He doesn't want me to" i simply said
"Clearly you want to go" she said
"I dont want to. I promised your dad I'll watch over you" i said
"You know you don't want to do this. Watching over me" she said
"I want to. When I saw your bruise that night you didn't left my mind. I want to protect you and seeing you covered in blood changed something in me" i said serious
"And that is?" She said smirking
"i'm still trying to figure it out" i simply said