Chapter 85: I Don't Care How Much It Costs

"Hey, have you guys seen the recording at the top of search rankings?"

"What gossip is it this time?"

"What else could it be? It turns out, Y/N was defamed so badly yesterday because HYP Entertainment's CEO didn't like that she was disobedient. Who does she think she is? Does she think she is a god that has complete control over others?"

"So the tables turned again?"

The netizens quickly opened the recording at the top of search rankings. It was a complete recording of Y/N's manager, Kim Jong-In, and HYPE's CEO, Jennie Kim. Many people were familiar with them, so their voices were easily identified.

The content of the recording consisted of Jong-In asking Jennie why she wasn't satisfied after already tarnishing Y/N's reputation and she arrogantly replying that it was because Y/N wasn't obedient. Even when destroying her own agency's model, she didn't hold back at all.

The netizens started discussing how the entertainment industry was like a deep pool of water; when seeking the truth, one should not only look on the surface.

It didn't take long before Y/N became known as the victim. At this time, many people that had experienced similar incidences quickly left messages about their experiences and showed their support.

"It's amazing for someone to have a lot of money. But, when they use money to destroy other's dreams and ruin other's lives, they are downright rubbish!"

"Jennie is just the tip of the iceberg. In all honesty, the entertainment industry is like a stinky ditch - filled with rubbish."

"Actually, what I truly want to say is, the person that posted up this recording is really cool!"

"The reason why Y/N was defamed like this was because she's been standing in too many people's way. She is too clean and aloof from the world, however, the entertainment industry is all about sucking up to people and building relationships. Y/N, if you continue being the way you are, you will continue to suffer! But, I will still continue to support you. Y/N, were you the one that got someone to place the recording at the top of search rankings? If you were...then please let me bow down to you!"

It hadn't even been one day and the tables had entirely turned. Of course, onlookers had slowly gotten used to Y/N's ability to deal with defamation. So, they weren't surprised when the tables were turned. But, the contents of the recording still got people talking.

The day had just headed into night. Jennie was sitting on her sofa at home looking angrily at the headline that had been sitting at the top of search rankings.

She pulled out her phone and gave Hyunjin a call. She instructed him to immediately deal with the news, but...he could only respond with, "There's no use. Every time I offer to pay, someone offers to pay double."

"Have you found out who it is?" Jennie stood up from the sofa and paced back and forth, "The recording is definitely from Kai, but who is the powerful person backing them? Who has Kim Jong-In contacted?"

"I couldn't find anything...Jong-In could have done it on his own, or with Y/N. The other possibility is that he may have found a partner in crime."

"Didn't you say you had a surefire plan? Didn't you say you were going to destroy Y/N? Who suffered in the end? Me! Do you know how difficult things were for me when the board of directors heard of the news? I was so tempted to dig a hole to hide inside," Jennie yelled angrily. Because she was so emotional, she felt her stomach knot up in pain as she knelt on the floor.

"Although Jong-In has been in the industry for a long time, even if he was to use his contacts, it wouldn't be as easy as in the past. However, it's not hard for him to find an enemy of yours to work with. So, President Kim...you can no longer delay stripping Kai of his role as Y/N's manager," the first solution Hyunjin thought of was to separate Y/N from Jong-In.