Chapter 27: Expensive 'Accident"

⚠️The content below is intended for an 18+ audience🔞

****

Yoona would have never imagined the fate ahead of her. From her position in front of Y/N, there was no way she could see Y/N's expression, plus, she was overly confident (she thought she was comparable to Han Hye-jin) so...upon hearing the photographer and his staff clapping and cheering, she actually thought it was for her. After all, Y/N was behind her and she was blocking her...

"OK, let's shoot the next set!"

Because of their clothes, Y/N mostly ended up standing behind Yoona. Even when they stood side by side, Yoona always led.

This made Yoona quite proud...

After the final set of photos were done, the photographers once again couldn't help but applaud Y/N's amazing performance. Yoona acted like a supermodel as she stood in front of Y/N accepting all the cheers for herself. Eventually, Yoona left the studio first, giving the photographer a chance to approach Y/N, "That model is so annoying, however...I won't point it out. Once the magazines front cover is released and everyone sees the comparison between you two, she will experience a big slap to her face. There will be plenty of people helping you to teach her a lesson."

The photographer was indeed a senior in the industry, stuff like this was not unusual to him.

"Thank you," Y/N smiled.

"No need. You were really the most skilled model I have ever worked with. I can't deny, you are on the same level as Western models." The photographer raised his thumb at her, "The weekly publication will be released next Wednesday. Look forward to it...you will definitely ignite the Oriental Trend."

"That's not something I can decide, all I did was give my best," Y/N felt that the industry was not short of hardworking people; there were so many artists with talent and skills, but many only got halfway to fame - apart from hard work, luck was an important factor.

When she returned to the waiting room, Yoona jumped right into Jungkook's embrace as she recounted how she had received an applause. After listening to her, Jungkook wrapped his arm around her waist - he knew she would succeed. However, he had no idea, the applause had nothing to do with Yoona.

At this time, Y/N also entered the room. Upon seeing her, the staff that was tidying the studio raised his thumb at her, "You are really the best model I've ever seen."
Yoona didn't understand what he was saying - after all her English was limited - but...Jungkook understood he was praising Y/N.

Most importantly, the staff knew Yoona didn't understand English. So assuming Jungkook also did not understand, he looked at Yoona in extreme disgust and said, "I really can't believe that woman is your colleague. She can't possibly be called a model, she has no professional skills at all and views herself too highly. It's bad enough that she doesn't understand English, she even thought we were all praising her. There's something wrong with her."

After speaking, the staff left. Y/N turned to look at Jungkook's expression as the corners of her lips slightly curved up.

"Yoona, are you sure the photographer praised you?"

"Jungkook, don't you believe me?" Yoona nodded her head in certainty, "What I said was all real. If you don't believe then go ask the photographer. Kook, have trust in me, this time, I am definitely going to revive Secret..."

Jungkook stared at Y/N's back; his mind couldn't stop thinking about what he just heard the staff say. His heart felt uneasy, but the front cover had already been shot. Even if Yoona didn't stand out, at least she still appeared in an international magazine - this would still be beneficial towards the Top Ten Model Awards.