Chapter 48: News Article

Late at night. Just as Mina tried to get in contact with the reporter's cousin, the man was about to release Y/N's newest scandal; Mina's call had intercepted him just in time.

He thought Y/N must have made a decision to buy the evidence off him. So when Mina asked to meet, he did not refuse. However, he decided not to tell his cousin about this. Jisoo had given them so much money to defame Y/N, yet he only got a 30% cut. Since Y/N had contacted him directly, then he was going to take advantage of this opportunity to take some money from her. So, before he released the scandal, he deliberately deleted some information and said he still needed some time to edit the article; he wouldn't be able to release it today.

The reporter couldn't do anything about it, he completely trusted his cousin. He quickly made a phone call to tell Jisoo and she was immediately on guard as she asked, "Don't tell me there's been a change..."

"No, no, of course not..."

Early the next morning, Mina secretly took all the information she had on Lim Yu to meet the reporter's cousin at a remote cafe. Among the two cousins, one had the surname Choi and the other had the surname Kim. The one with the surname Choi was the one that tried to blackmail Mina last time and was also the older cousin of the man currently sitting before her.

This man was Kim Seokjin. Dressed in a black-patterned t-shirt and a pair of ripped jeans; hair slicked back neatly; he seemed to be the type of person that was used to luxury. Upon seeing Mina, he removed his sunglasses and raised his eyebrows, "What have you called me out here for?"

Mina wasn't aware that this man was about to release a scandal about Y/N. She just simply said, "If I have a money-making offer for you, will you take it behind your cousins back?"

"How much money are we talking about?"

"Both you and your cousin should know that our Y/N is very stubborn. No matter how badly she is being defamed, she will still refuse to spend money on clearing her name. Originally, with the information I have in my hands, I could just directly expose it since Y/N has left it in my hands. However, when I think about the person behind the bed-climbing scandal, I feel bad for her, so I've decided to work with you. I'll give all the information to you for free, not only because it will prove Y/N's innocence but also because I have one simple request: tell everyone that you got this information from HYP Entertainment's Kim Jisoo."

After hearing her words, Seokjin realized Y/N already knew everything. After a moment of hesitation, he finally took the information out of Mina's hands. To his surprise, the information about Lim Yu was more extensive than what he already had; it had the names of all the female celebrities involved as well photos.

The photos he and his cousin had previously taken weren't always clear, but the evidence in front of him was definitive proof.

Since Mina was so sincere, Seokjin decided to lay his cards on the table, "To tell you the truth, Jisoo is currently preparing to release a scandal about Y/N. She is planning to use a photoshopped photo to claim that it is a photo of Y/N and Lim Yu in bed. If not for your phone call last night, Y/N would already be the hottest topic again."

Hearing this, Mina's heart skipped a beat. Lucky...

"That's why you're stupid. If you put that fake photo up, someone will expose it as being fake sooner or later; how much is Jisoo paying you and your cousin to do that? and how much of it is your share? On the other hand, Y/N definitely won't be giving you money, but look at this information. All you have to do is release it but hide the names of all the celebrities involved. When they see it, they will be so paranoid of being exposed, they will contact you and offer you money as well as other benefits to keep quiet."