Chapter 67: Frozen Lake

Start from the beginning

"Y/N..." Mina was a little hesitant.

Y/N grabbed her clothes and looked at Mina with a reassuring smile. The weather was already so cold, if they were to continue arguing, they would be merely standing here suffering more lashings of the wind.

Jimin's car was parked not too far away. Seeing them arguing, he immediately gave Mina a phone call. While Y/N was getting changed, she quickly scurried over to find Jimin and boarded his car.

"What happened?"

Mina explained the entire situation in detail with a worried expression. While she was at it, she threw in a few good words for Jong-In, just in case Big Boss released his anger on everyone, "Kai is actually a pretty good manager, he woke up early this morning to scope out the location..."

"Tell Y/N I don't want her to do the shoot."

Mina got out of the car and relayed Jimin's message to Y/N. But she got Mina to reply on her behalf, "Do you want me to run away irresponsibly?"

She was a model, she had to follow arrangements, it was reasonable. If she just ran off like this, she wouldn't be able to handle the consequences. Even though she knew someone was doing all this behind-the-scenes to screw with her, she still had to grit her teeth and carry on. Most importantly, just because Jimin was here and she could enjoy his warmth, it didn't mean she had an excuse to run away from her responsibilities. What if she never had Jimin by her side?

After receiving her reply, he gave Y/N a phone call, "You can go ahead with the shoot...but after this is all over, the photography team should look forward to being unemployed."

Jimin was angry; Y/N could tell from his tone of voice. To her, he never spoke harshly, however, to others, he was the Jimin everyone knew of.

"Don't worry, I know what I'm doing."

Y/N put down her phone. At this time, Jong-In who was standing behind noticed the caller ID was '0819'. So, in Y/N's phone, this man is a simple 4 digit number. Of course, he had no idea, 0819 was their wedding anniversary.

"What? Is he worried?"

"Very worried," Y/N nodded as she smiled helplessly, "I really hope he's not nearby. Or else, after I get changed and step out of here, I'm afraid he'll be so angry he'd kill everyone."

"If that's the case, why isn't he stepping out to protect you?"Jong-In asked curiously.

"He's already protected me enough. This is my own career, I can rely on myself."

Jong-In no longer spoke. It seemed he really did underestimate Y/N and her man.

From the time he met Y/N, he only knew she was an extremely disciplined woman that was forward-thinking and ambitious whilst maintaining a bottom line. She never initiated attacks, but she wasn't weak and useless; in fact, her every move was deadly and vengeful. But, he realized another fact about her, she was extremely clean in her approach; she never used the power of others to benefit herself.

It seemed the public's assumptions about her were incorrect.

"Since you've made your decision, I don't think I have the ability to stop you," Jong-In smiled.

"Step out, I need to get changed."

Jong-In nodded as he left the room. After he left, Y/N gathered her courage and put on the champagne-colored sleeveless dress.

It was cold...it was so cold she could feel it piercing through her bones...

But, Y/N still stepped out of the room in the dress and walked across the frozen lake barefooted as per the photographer's instructions.