Chapter 56

warning(s): biting/marking
end of chapter has details of isa's other form (tail, red eyes and horns)

'As long as she wants to mark me, it'll be easy to get her to do it. I just have to wait until our date now.'

One Week Later — Friday Night

The new vampire family made contact in the days leading up to your next date with Alcina. The youngest of the family had, surprisingly, flirted with you the entire time. After they left, however, you had no doubt in your mind that Alcina was going to mark you on your date — just as you had wanted. You let your mind wander back to the signs she gave, your stomach fluttering with each memory.

"So, you're half human?" Eleni, the youngest of the new vampire family that lived nearby, purred as her arms wrapped around your left arm. "How does that work?"

"Uhm... my vampire side was suppressed for most of my life," You muttered and tried to free your arm when you felt a burning gaze on the two of you. "So until I lived here, I wasn't even aware that I was one. I've always lived with one, though."

"And because of that your heart still beats," She licked her lips and you immediately pulled away from her.

"Correct. Uhm — so you said you're from Greece, right? Isa's half Greek."

"Don't bring me into this," Isa hissed under their breath and you noticed Bela's arm tighten around them. "Vampires from Greece aren't very fond of my family."

You ran bath water as that memory faded, making sure you had everything ready so you wouldn't take too long getting ready for your date. Alcina took over planning the date and hadn't given you any details about it other than what time to be ready for it. You enjoyed the mystery of it all — it excited you — but you also wanted something to think about. With nothing other than assumptions running through your brain, you climbed into the bath and thought back to the next memory.

"Do you play?" Eleni inquired once she stopped near the piano, turning her attention to you instead of Alcina. "I could really use a teacher."

"I-... I do," You hesitantly admitted, tensing when the gold eyes of Alcina burned into your back. "But I'm not good enough to teach someone... My lovely wife, however—."

"What a shame... I was really hoping you'd be able to teach me."

'I can't believe I had to be nice to her,' You internally groaned after getting out of the bath — having washed yourself and your hair while lost in thought. 'She didn't even care that I said I was married... Could it be because Alcina hasn't officially claimed me? Because she hasn't left her mark?'

Once you were out of the bathroom, you got dressed as quickly as you could, not wanting the other memories to resurface. Eleni was gorgeous — that much you couldn't deny — but Alcina was still the only being to capture your heart. You hated that Eleni didn't get the message — hated that she didn't seem to care — because she was a nice girl and someone you had a lot in common with.