Chapter 45

warning(s): transphobia/misgendering, murder :), blood

^i'd like to state that the misgendering scene is fully a jab at my family. in six months i'll be no contact with them though and i'm very excited for it

"That you want mother happy," Bela answered for Dani with a roll of her eyes. "Now, let's go!"

You giggled at their little interaction before following them to the dining hall, trying to ignore the confused glances the maids sent your way. The girls took their seats, watching you expectantly before nodding toward the seat next to their mother, making your heart skip a beat. Once you took the seat, there was a harmonious buzzing from the triplets, making you bury your face in your hands.

"All of you!" Isa's voice echoed as they addressed the other maids. "The breakfast for the rest of you is ready, go eat now. The ladies wish to dine alone this morning."

"What about you and [Y/N]?" One maid spoke up, causing Isa's eyebrow to twitch for a moment.

"The ladies have decided she and I will be dining with them. I have our plates and drinks on this cart. Now leave."

Most of the maids bowed and left immediately after Isa instructed. Most. The maid that — you assumed — had been speaking apparently stayed. Your only indications being Isa's eyebrow twitch and their hands clenching into fists. Bela seemed to notice as well, causing her to let out an angry buzz and catch the maid's attention.

"I-I'm just curious to know why you're wearing that, Isa," The maid rushed out, making you glance over at her. "Finally—."

"Finish that thought and I kill you myself," Isa growled out and you could've sworn that the castle shook for a brief moment. "Join. The. Others."

"Isa?" You called softly, letting out a soft gasp when you noticed hints of red in their hazel eyes. "Why don't you go ahead and take your seat? I'll make sure she leaves."

The red faded from their eyes as they nodded and took their seat between Cassandra and Bela, the two immediately making room for Daniela to also check on Isa. You stood from your spot and made your way over to the maid, gripping her arm in a vice-like grasp before pulling her along, ignoring her yelp of pain. Once you were in the hall, she pulled out of your grasp and glared at you.

"I don't know why you all entertain her—."

Her scream filled your ears as a warm liquid filled your mouth. The wall was closer to you than you remembered, a red substance splattered on it. You swallowed the liquid before grasping tighter on the flesh in your hands, continuing to gulp down the liquid until a pair of hands ripped you from the source. When you whipped around in an attempt to attack the person, your eyes locked with hazel ones and you froze.