Chapter 200: The Battle of Muye (2)

When Ouyang Shuo led his troops to the western suburbs military camp, there were already a few lord players coming in.

In order to maintain order in the military camp, Shang imperial court had sent a hundred royal guards, which were later known as palace guards, to take charge of the camp.

The royal guards looked strong and mighty, they were equipped with the best bronze armors and shields of the era.

As the player representative, Ouyang Shuo was luckily given the largest settlement within the camp, which was located in the middle of the military camp and besides the tents of the royal guards.

After settling down, Ouyang Shuo arranged for Gong Chengshi and Xunlong Dianxue to gather information, mainly to determine which famous lords were in the faction.

As for the lords that came to visit Ouyang Shuo, Bai Hua and Feng Qiuhuang took them all away to the other side of the tent to discuss their cooperations.

Unlike the Battle of Zhuolu, Ouyang Shuo hoped that he could gather together as many players as he could to his side this time. Because he had chosen the supposedly defeated faction, he would need to rely on the power of the whole faction if he wanted to change history.

In the camp, Ouyang Shuo could enjoy a tent of his own. Wang Feng had already led the lord's guards and taken charge of the tent's safety.

When they saw that Ouyang Shuo had his own guards, Gong Chengshi and Xunlong Dianxue became envious. They said that they would also form a team of lord's guards and show off their prestige as lords.

Ouyang Shuo ignored their teasings and invited Song Jia over to his tent. Ever since they met, this was the first time they had their time alone together. Ouyang Shuo naturally did not invite her over to murmur endearments. After some small talk, Ouyang Shuo took out the secret manual <Nine Yin Scripture>1.

It was an emperor-level secret manual, and it cost Ouyang Shuo 1,500 gold to purchase it. And now, even if he sold it for 30,000 gold, the crowd would still go crazy buying it. Of course, that was if they could hold such a large fund.

For such a valuable secret manual, Ouyang Shuo did not mail it to Song Jia. Instead, he wished to hand it over to her in person as a surprise, and now was just the right time to do so.

"Take a look. What is this?" Ouyang Shuo handed the manual over to Song Jia.

She wasn't too concerned about it until she saw the title on the manual cover. She was so shocked that her jaws almost dropped; she exclaimed, "<Nine Yin Scripture>!?"

"Shhh!" Ouyang Shuo made a gesture, as he asked Song Jia to lower her volume.

"Woodsy, You..you...you, are you trying to frighten me to death?" She lowered her volume and said, "Such a rare secret manual and you are still able to get your hands on it. I am really impressed."

"So how is it; do you like it?" Ouyang Shuo smiled.

Song Jia nodded. Then, she shook her head and said, "Woodsy, of course I like it. But, I can't have it. It is too valuable, so save it for yourself. You are a great lord. How can you not practice a great secret manual?" as she finished her sentence, she returned the manual to Ouyang Shuo reluctantly.

Ouyang Shuo shook his head while laughing, This girl. It is crystal clear that she likes it a lot, but she is still thinking of me, "It's alright, I am already practicing an emperor-level internal strength technique, so I do not need this <Nine Yin Scripture> anymore."

"Woodsy, are you sure you are not lying to me? They are emperor-level secret manuals. Why do they sound like vegetables in a market, so commonly available? I don't believe you."