Chapter 137: Battle of Zhuolu (Part 11)

Before the army went out to battle, the Fire Emperor and Yellow Emperor tribe prepared a grand ritual ceremony.

The altar for the ceremony was set at the suburbs of the Yellow Emperor city and was made up of giant stone from a masonry. It was square in shape and 81 meters long with 5 levels, with the area slowly decreasing as it went up. At the southern part was the only staircase with a total of 80 steps, reaching the 4th level of the altar. At the two sides of the staircase were two giant cow skin drums.

The 4th level of the altar was the main ritual place, 4 huge torches were placed at each corner. Other than that, there were also two giant cow skin drums.

The 5th level of the altar was the most mysterious. It was 5 meters tall and in an octagon formation, each corner had a rock sticking out where talismans with words and patterns were written on.

Many flags of the various tribes were placed at the east and west side of the altar, while at the south side stood both the Yellow Emperor's and Fire Emperor's flags. Only the representative of the players, Ouyang Shuo, had the power to place the lord flag of Shanhai town on the north side.

After Ouyang Shuo placed down his flag, a system notification sounded.

"System Notification: Congratulations player Qiyue Wuyi, Shanhai Town flag has been blessed by the incensed flame of the altar of the Yellow Emperor tribe, an added effect is born- God's Protection (raise territory defense by 10%)."

Ouyang Shuo was delighted, asking Wang Feng who was standing by his side to remember to keep the flag and bring it back to the territory and hang it in the city gate tower.

Around the altar was a spacious empty land. The 50 thousand Yellow Emperor troops formed up south side of the altar. The Fire Emperor's 30 thousand troops formed on the west side of the altar. The other tribes' 40 thousand troops formed to the east and the 8000 players' troops formed to the north. An army of 100 thousand surrounding the altar made it look extremely majestic.

When the auspicious hour arrived, the ritual ceremony began. It was conducted by the Yellow Emperor tribe's witch and after the whole possession, it was already 9AM.

After which, the Yellow Emperor read the calligraphy insulting the Chiyou tribe.

Lastly was the dance ritual. The witch brought the women from the tribe who wore colorful dresses, danced witch dances, and chanted mantras. The soldiers started to dance their battle dance following the beat, looking grand and causing all the players to look on in awe.

Whether it was the witch dance or the battle dance, they were both very simple. It was just repeatedly swinging their arms and jumping from left to right. But through this, one could feel their strength and vigor, mysterious and violent; one could see their knowledge, easy but ingenious.

"Wow, it's really amazing!" Bai Hua said in awe.

"Yea, even if we didn't get any rewards, personally experiencing an old ritual ceremony was worth it." Feng Qiuhuang agreed.

Ouyang Shuo wasn't as sentimental as the two beauties. "You girls are happy like this? The good stuff is at the end."

As for his ignorance, the two beauties rolled their eyes at him.

......

After the ritual ceremony, the Yellow Emperor got all the troops and marched into the Zhuolu wilderness.

With the Yellow Emperor's force as the core, the Fire Emperor's as the left wing, the other tribes as the right wing, and the players' forces at the right of the right wing.

The Yellow Emperor's army was split into different totems: bear, wolf, leopard, dragon, etc, driving beasts to the battle was their secret weapon.

As the player representative, Ouyang Shuo had the power to arrange the formation. He arranged the 2000 men from the Shanhai Alliance into the deepest part of the formation, the other 3000 men covering them, and Di Chen's forces at the most outer ring.