Chapter 120: Invitation

After the completion of the teleportation formation, Ouyang Shuo checked the teleportation fees.

On the battlefield map, every single individual would be charged 1 gold. Between territories during wartime, each individual cost 1 gold, or 10 gold each during times of peace. While the special mode of teleportation name-adding would be charged at 20 gold per individual.

All the prices stated above applied only to single-way teleportation. That is, if you visited an ally, a round trip would cost you 20 gold.

These teleportation fees were charged directly by the system, so the lord would not benefit a single copper from them. Of course, there was simply nothing to complain about, since the teleportation formation itself was constructed for free by the system.

_"System notice: Select your payment methods!"_

As stated before, the teleportation formation could charge at either end. Just like mailing services in the real world, one could choose to pay through either the sender or the recipient.

Battlefield map teleportation fees were naturally paid for by their own lords. While for teleportation fees between territories, Ouyang Shuo had decided that Shanhai would fully pay for the teleportation fees during wartime, whereas during times of peace, Shanhai would pay the teleportation fees for the visitors back to their respective territories.

While the add-on teleportation was a one-way teleportation, naturally it would be paid for by Shanhai Town.

With Shanhai's financial status, Ouyang Shuo could totally bear all the costs on his own. However, as the leader of the union, his position did not allow him to do so, as he had to take care of his allies' feelings.

The teleportation fees taken on by Shanhai Town would be a benchmark to the union members.

If Ouyang Shuo had decided to bear all the costs to act as the good person, then the others would've had to be forced to follow after him. Otherwise, if they did not follow his act of bearing all the costs, they would be looked down upon by their fellow members. These fees might have meant nothing to Shanhai Town, but they could be big financial burdens to the other lords, and that was not something he would like to see.

That said, as a lord, especially as the leader of a union, one must fairly understand the art of moderation. So it had to be known when to stop, and the limits should not be passed. Otherwise, one could pave a road to hell with good intentions.

After setting the fee payment methods, a series of system prompts rang in Ouyang Shuo's ears.

_"System notice: Please fully prepare your troops for the first battlefield. Note: The number of soldiers the lord can bring along is directly linked to the lord's rank._

_3rd viscount is limited to 100 men, 2nd viscount 200 men, 1st viscount 300 men._

_3rd earl is limited to 500 men, 2nd earl 1000 men, 1st earl 3000 men._

_3rd marquis is limited to 10,000 men, 2nd marquis 20,000 men, 1st marquis 50,000 men. A lord with the rank of Duke has no soldier limits and can decide the number freely."_

Ouyang Shuo's rank was now 2nd earl, which meant that he could bring along 1000 soldiers. Including the soon-to-be-expanded naval unit, Shanhai's official military forces had reached a total of 4000 soldiers. As for specifically which units would be participating in the battle, Ouyang Shuo still had to have some discussions with Ge Hongliang.

Leaving the teleportation formation, Ouyang Shuo sent mail messages to his 4 allies, inviting them over to Shanhai for a gathering along with a discussion meeting tomorrow morning.