Chapter 180: Lightning Operation

Gaia first year, 6th month, 24th day, Shanhai County's second raider operation had finally reached an end.

Compared to the first time, the region of the raider operation had expanded by three times and would obviously yield better rewards. They had netted 5400 gold and 5500 prisoners and gained large amounts of grain and equipment.

Most importantly, he had obtained a technical manual in this raider operation.

<Scaling ladder crafting technical manual>: after use, user automatically grasps the technique to craft ladders.

In the last raider city attack, Ouyang Shuo witnessed the strength of the scaling ladder. He yearned and desired such a siege weapon. He passed over the manual to the combat logistics division for the artisans to analyse and create as soon as possible.

Ouyang Shuo didn't forget that there were still a group of mountain bandits waiting for him to settle at the Zhennan Pass. The appearance of the ladder was a godsend. If not, he wouldn't have a good idea of how to attack that pass.

Based on Shi Wanshui's report, they faced a tough opponent in this raider operation. It was a advanced raider camp with 3000 raiders, among them were 500 elites and 1500 basic raiders.

Luckily, the mixed regiment had experience with raider camps and were able to coordinate well between the units. In addition to this, they had the trump card of the first unit of the regiment—four squadrons equipped with Buren Armor—their defence was shocking and they took down the raiders without much danger.

In just that battle alone, the mixed regiment had lost 100 men. One must know that in the two large scale operations, the mixed regiment had only lost 300 men, so one could imagine the intensity of the raider operation.

In truth, upon reaching the county grade, raiders could practically threaten the territory. This was because of their limited scale and an advanced raider camp was already the maximum. In the wilderness, the people they could rob and track were rare, so a large number of raiders gathered together could only starve.

When faced with such a well-equipped, proper army like the mixed regiment, the raiders had no way to fight back. Hence, Ouyang Shuo didn't personally join the raider operation after Shanhai County's upgrade and just left it to Shi Wanshui.

The 5500 prisoners, apart from the 1000 to join the reserve forces, the remaining 4500 were all sent to Friendship village to help it upgrade to grade 1 county. Out of the three affiliate territories, friendship town was the slowest. Ouyang Shuo could bear to let it live on it's on and not help it.

Ouyang Shuo appointing Zhou Haichen as the county magistrate of friendship town touched him. However, out of the 3 affiliate territories, only he didn't achieve anything. His lack of results made him feel guilty, and he felt that he was letting Ouyang Shuo down.

Ouyang Shuo didn't say anything and just asked him to work harder to make up for the difference.

At the same time, Ouyang Shuo ordered Leixun, who was collecting information on the nomadic tribes, to quicken his pace. He also wrote a letter to the new 2nd vanguard unit major Sun Tenjiao. Ouyang Shuo asked him to increase their training to ensure that they could be put to use at anytime.

In the raider operation that had just ended, Ouyang Shuo especially asked him to bring the unit to join in. He allowed Leixun to train them and form some combat ability as soon as possible.

Normally speaking, a normal soldier in a unit must be rank 5 to be considered passable. If not, that unit would be considered a new unit.

After a month of inspection, Ouyang Shuo named the second leader of the raiders during the city attack—Heiqi—as the deputy major. Ouyand Shuo did this to strengthen the ability of the second vanguard unit.