Chapter 147: The Triple-bow Arcuballista

_3PM, Shanhai Town meeting hall._

Ouyang Shuo had called for a Shanhai Town military administration meeting. Those that joined the meeting were directors Fan Zhongyan, Tian Wenjing, Cui Yingyu, Ge Hongliang, military unit general General Shi, cavalry unit major Lin Yi, Beihai navy fleet commander Pei Donglai, Shanhai Town city protection unit major Zhao Sihu, and Clerk Bai Nanpu will be in charge of the notes.

Before the meeting started, Ouyang Shuo had already let Bai Nanpu inform the people in the meeting that the main issue of the meeting was on how they would face the raider's city attack on the 5th month 20th day, to ensure that Shanhai Town could upgrade smoothly.

Before discussing the specific strategies, Ouyang Shuo had firstly paid attention to the environment in Shanhai Town.

After the Qingming Operation, the nomadic tribes temporarily didn't have any movement, be it Khan Mengke from the Tian Qi tribe or Dariachi from the Tian Feng tribe, they were all people who were politically experienced, before they had investigated things clearly, they wouldn't make any moves.

The only change was that the Tian Feng tribe took control of the destroyed Tian Lian tribe's pasture. As for such a bandit like act, the Tian Qi tribe sent out a warning for them to return it but did not make any actual movement.

On the side of Beihai Town, as the second navy unit was built, the Beihai navy fleet had been preliminarily formed.

Pei Donglai gave up the role of the navy unit major role and became the commander of the Beihai navy fleet. The original navy unit first captain Zhang Zhoufeng became the first unit major. The second captain Zhang Youfang became the second unit major. The original 3rd squadron captain Zhang Lihai was not Pei Donglai's assistant.

Based on Ouyang Shuo's plan, the future Beihai navy fleet had a military organization. The two navy units were only twenty percent of a full Organization.

The pirate "Black Shark" from Moon Island, ever since he visited the area around Beihai Town and faced a nail, he had never done any further operations. Ouyang Shuo guessed that before he understands the strength of Beihai Town, he wouldn't dare to attack again.

Based on Pei Donglai's reaction, although Black Shark didn't make a large scale move, but in the outer area of Beihai Town, one could still see ships monitoring and scouting, they were probably his scouting ships. The pirates cared a lot about their face so this time when Blackbeard came but was forced to retreat, he had to get back his dignity and pride.

Pei Donglai didn't defend passively but instead made use of scouting operations and confirmed the location of Moon Island. There was even a time when he used the Mengchong warship to launch a sneak attack against the scout ship and from the captive prisoner, he gained information about Black Shark.

Pei Donglai was actually super confident and said that it's okay if he doesn't come, but if Black Shark came, he would definitely not be able to return. If it wasn't that they were lacking manpower, Pei Donglai would even want to attack Moon Island.

With the outside threats all temporary neutralized, Ouyang Shuo had even more confidence to face the upcoming raider city attack.

The reason why Ouyang Shuo was so confident to be able to defend was because of his greatest trump card, the bed crossbow built by the Bow and Crossbow Division after taking a look at the Song Dynasty bow and crossbow making manual.

Bei Song's heavy bed crossbow had developed till he could put 3 composite bows combined on a frame, it was called "triple-bow acruballistas", the arrow was the "wooden stick iron feather", called "1 spear 3 sword arrow", the arrow that was shot was as big as a spear, the 3 feathers were like 3 swords, flying up to 1500 metres. It was the weapon with the furthest range during the cold weapons era.