Chapter 185: System Update

After Ouyang Shuo viewed the information on achievement value and confirming that it was the same as the last life, he turned his attention to check if the season update was too. He was terrified that he might've triggered a butterfly effect.

(1): Regarding death settings: Players' death penalty wasn't like before where they would just lose 1 level. Instead, they would lose all their items other than those in storage and fall back to level 0.

The death punishment was to prevent players from swarming people with player quantities.

For example, Zhan Lang's Blood Red County had formed an army filled with purely players. If players died and they only lost one level, while the enemy troops died when they were killed, then in the late game when players got to a high level, a player army would be unstoppable.

This kind of player quantity technique was entirely against the balance of the game and naturally wouldn't be allowed.

(2) Regarding the teleportation formation, now only people could be transported and not items unless the items were in the player's storage bag.

For example, when Ouyang Shuo ordered Wang Yuanfeng to go over to Fallen Phoenix Town to help and bring over the triple-bow acruballistas, that was also not allowed anymore. Unless Ouyang Shuo had big enough of a storage space and could store the bed crossbow himself before personally sending it there.

The settings of the teleportation formation were to prevent players from smuggling.

That's right. It was smuggling.

If one smuggled things using the storage bag, as it had limited space, teleporting multiple times, the fee might even be equal to the trading cost, so it wasn't too worth it.

Of course, to prevent that was impossible, it was just to prevent rampant smuggling.

(3): Regarding the market setting: The advanced market would now have 2 platforms, mainly the resource trading platform, special items trading platform. At the same time, there would be a new auction platform which was a combination of the old one and also the business trading platform, it would allow players to list items instantly and would be called the super auction platform.

On the platform, regardless of are you a lord game mode or adventure game mode player, or an NPC guild in the system's imperial city, you can list an item, place an order, take an order and also buy the item.

Placing an order would be to list your requirements and what you wanted to buy. Listing an item would be to sell your item. Taking an order would be to accept another player's listing. Purchasing the item would be to buy the item that was put up for sale.

Every transaction completed at the super auction platform, the system would collect 10% tax from the buyer, as compared to the original 20%, it was half.

The main difference between the old and new systems was that there was now a price war mechanism. The price of an item would depend on supply and demand and wasn't like previously when it was based on a stable system price.

Another difference was that special items wouldn't be sold by the system, including building blueprints. Players had to go onto the platform to trade, it was not as quick, and there were not as many items as before.

As for building blueprints, they were only sold in the system imperial city. The lord had to either find someone to buy it for him or buy it from sellers on the super auction platform.

Apart from that, there were new items on the list of unsellable items, including the military grain pill, the Xingjun tent, alchemical fire oil, etc. military resources. If the lord wanted to get such items, he had no choice but to smuggle them.