Chapter 51: Phone Call

Start from the beginning

Kim Jennie personally made a phone call to offer Y/N a contract with HYP Entertainment.

Personally!

Although Y/N was trying her best to remain calm, she was still a bit surprised.

"President Kim..."

"Y/N, I am so sorry. In actual fact, straight after you canceled your contract with GC, I already had the intention to sign you on. But, someone told me you were signing with Creative Century, so I gave up on this thought. However tonight, I had a little chat with Yang Hyun-suk. He told me you had no intention of signing with Creative Century. In that case, are you willing to join HYPE?"

Before Y/N could respond, Jennie smiled as she tried to prevent Y/N from rejecting her offer, "I've already taken a look at your portfolio. My staff did not handle things properly, I hope it did not upset you."

It seemed, Jennie already knew about Jisoo scheming behind her back.

"Thank you, President Kim, for your appreciation..."

"Let's meet tomorrow, I want to have lunch with you."

Y/N agreed. After she hung up the phone, she felt she was dreaming. Thinking about how Hyunjin had felt guilty today, she guessed Jennie must have given him the mission to contact her, but...he didn't do it.

With the addition of what happened to her portfolio, she had been stopped twice from joining HYPE. It seemed, Hyun-suk had unintentionally given her a helping hand.

Thinking up to here, Y/N suddenly felt Hyunjin and Jisoo's fate did not look promising. Jennie was a woman who had the ability to get HYPE to where it was today, which meant, she still had plenty of power in her hands.

How dare Hyunjin and Jisoo treat her like a fool; posing a threat to her and provoking her position?

"Did something good happen?" Jimin had just stepped out of the bathroom as Y/N approached him from the window and pressed her warm body against his. He leaned over and placed his head on her shoulder.

"I've been given the opportunity to sign with HYPE." Y/N turned around and wrapped her arms around Jimin's neck, "Jennie personally made a phone call to me. It seems she didn't want Hyunjin and Jisoo to know about this."

At this point, Y/N explained the entire incident to Jimin from the start; he could relate to how Jennie felt. It didn't matter if his staff did unreasonable things or did things to benefit themselves, as long as he never found out or saw it with his own eyes. Otherwise, he would deal with their actions seriously, even if they were his right-hand men.

"After you join HYPE, Jennie will definitely appoint a manager for you. When that time comes...will you tell them about our relationship?"

"I will have to see if that person is worth it," Y/N's eyes deepened as she spoke. "If I get a new management team, you won't have to work so hard anymore. I don't want the same thing to happen to you like what happened a few days ago when you didn't tell me about your fever."

Jimin gently played with Y/N's hair as he planted a kiss on her forehead, "That was just an accident. Even if you get a new management team, I will still run my eyes over all your documents. Not everyone is like me..."

"How so?"

"Not everyone wishes the best for you like I do..."

Y/N smiled as she stood up on her tiptoes and placed a kiss on Jimin's lips. Jimin took advantage of this opportunity to wrap his arms around her waist; increasing the passion between them. He then whispered in her ear, "The truth is, I don't actually want to let you go. After you go to HYPE...we will have less time to see each other."

Y/N hooked her arms around Jimin's neck as her cheeks flushed red, "President Park, why do I sense a trace of fear?"

Jimin's words were not unreasonable; after Y/N signed with HYPE, she would have less free time. On top of that, more people would be paying attention to her and she wouldn't be able to do whatever she wanted like she did now.

However...Y/N did not respond to his fear nor make any promises. No matter how high she advanced in her career, she would never forget the one thing that motivated her: to stand on the same level as Jimin.

If she neglected Jimin because she was too busy, then she would have lost the reason behind everything she did...wouldn't that be pointless?

Above all, Jimin was the most important person in her heart. No matter what was to happen in the future or how things changed, she had long made the promise that as long as it concerned him, no matter big or small, she would treat it with great importance.

As Y/N did not make any response to his fears, Jimin bent over and lifted her in his arms over to the bed, "I need a sense of security...honey."

"What do you want me to do to reassure you?" Y/N gently lifted her brows.

"Of course...I need to become one with you..."

In actual fact, Y/N also felt a bit uneasy inside. Joining a big company was something to be happy about, but...with it, came challenges and right before her eyes, were Hyunjin and Jisoo.

****

The next morning. HYP Entertainment.

It was early in the day, but Jisoo had already started to organize all the auditions for the models that had shown up. As Jennie was leaving the building, she passed by the busy Jisoo; a thought came to her head. She approached her and said, "As planned, we will be signing 5 new models. You only need to find 4, leave one empty, I already have other arrangements."

Jisoo stared back at her blankly before nodding her head, "Yes, President."

Jennie patted her on the shoulder, encouraging her to continue working hard. Her eyes contained a sense of ridicule and mockery, but Jisoo had already turned her head away, so she didn't notice. Jennie was heading out to sign a contract with the one person Jisoo had worked so hard to keep away...

Since Jennie's dignity as CEO had been provoked, she was definitely going to find a way to teach Hyunjin and Jisoo a lesson. If she wanted a person, how dare they stand in the way?

She decided she would let them audition other models. They would think she actually gave up on Y/N. But, after the contract with Y/N was signed, she would officially announce it and destroy the couple's arrogance!

By 10am the sun was a lot harsher than it was earlier in the day. The weather was accompanied by drafts of cold refreshing air. Y/N and Jennie were both on time to their meeting. The two got along extremely well; their chat lasted the entire afternoon.

Y/N was younger than Jennnie by 3 years. She had previously seen her on the runway. At that time, she was quite famous in the modeling industry; no one would have expected she'd end up working behind the scenes instead...

"Y/N, in a couple days, my friend will be holding a show. I want you to go do the opening; you've rested long enough. But, don't let anyone know about our contract just yet. I want to prepare a grand contract signing ceremony for you. When that time comes, there will be a good show..."

"Ok," Y/N nodded.

Y/N did not know what Jennie had planned, but she guessed it must have something to do with Jisoo and Hyunjin.

"After this incident, I will arrange the best manager for you, don't worry."

Y/N smiled through the entire conversation; she indeed needed a capable manager. However, Jennie insisted on keeping it a secret and did not organize for them to meet straight away nor did she give her a name.

In reality, Jennie had arranged for Y/N to appear in the show because firstly, she wanted to confirm her's abilities and secondly, she wanted Jisoo to bring her newcomers so she could see how they didn't compare to Y/N.

Of course, her plan could not be known by Y/N nor Jisoo just yet.

She had spent so many years putting trust in Jisoo and Hyunjin. In the end, she had made them too courageous. Since this was the case, she was going to make them understand that by losing a model like Y/N they had thrown away all their luck.