Chapter 41: Awards Ceremony

Start from the beginning

"Has Mr. Jeon said anything to you by chance?" Mr. Lim tried to test her. Y.N could roughly guess what was going on, but she didn't know what the two had agreed on exactly. So she shook her head as she remained on guard.

"He hasn't told me anything."

Mr. Lim wanted to move closer to her, but at this moment, one of the hosts approached the two as he spoke to Y/N, "Miss Lee, there has been a change to your seating arrangements, please follow me."

Mr. Lim looked confused. Y/N was originally meant to sit beside him, why was her seat changed?

Who was trying to go against him?

Y/N nodded. She had a feeling this was something Jimin had done in secret, so she followed the host and sat down at her seat comfortably.

The award recipients were seated in the front row, whereas Y/N was seated in the last row. Yoona had entered early on and her eyes were set on Y/N and Mr. Lim.

He's making a move! Yoona sneered.

However, she didn't understand why Mr. Lim walked the red carpet with Y/N, yet did not get to sit next to her; what a shame .

Y.N lifted her head and looked towards Yoona; between them, there was only one row.

Today, Y/N was to present the Top Ten Model Awards. In other words...Yoona was to receive her trophy from Y/N. But...would she really be able to hold onto this award?

In reality, this arrangement was something Yoona had requested from Mr. Lim. She wanted to take the trophy from Y/N's hands; she wanted to provoke Yoona and make her suffer.

She also wanted Y/N to know, Jungkook - who she had treated like a treasure - had now been thrown away by her like rubbish.

You've given up so much for GC, yet, in the end, you've only been a stepping stone for me!

Y/N, you were brought to this earth to help other people prepare their wedding dress.

The two women smiled to themselves; each deep in their own thoughts. The true victor was about to be revealed!

Atop the stage, the ceremony had officially started. The awards at the beginning weren't very important; the important ones were left for the climax. As for The Top Ten Model Awards, that was to be presented in the middle...

"Please welcome our guests, the cutting-edge model Y/N and the artist Mr. Lim, to the stage to present the next award..."

Hearing the host announce her name, Y/N stood up out of her seat. Holding the recipient list in her hand, she approached the stage elegantly as everyone watched. She deliberately avoided Mr. Lim as they made their way behind the microphone and stood in front of the screen.

Below the stage, there was an ocean of stars; Seoul's hottest models had all gathered. As she had the opportunity to stand at such a high position, Y/N realized, as a model, she still had a long way to go.

Close by, Yoona's gaze was sharp and proud, containing a sense of disdain and ridicule. She had been looking forward to this day for too long. She was going to take the trophy from Y/N's hands; the hands of a woman who always seemed to fight over everything with her. Once she had this trophy in her hands, it would signify the start of her road to glory.

"Miss Lee has been very famous in both Europe and the US lately because of the Oriental Trend. She is also a model with an extremely promising future, I am truly impressed with your professionalism," Mr. Lim said before he started presenting the award. "I hope you can continue to work hard."

"Thank you, Mr. Lim," Y/N replied in a calm and polite tone; she had her guard up around him.

"You are a miracle. Believe me, luck is on your side..." Mr. Lim said, hiding a deeper meaning as he gestured for her to announce the recipient list. By allowing her to make the announcement, he was satisfying Yoona's request as well as displaying his respect towards Y/N.