Chapter 45

A year later (Epilogue)
Between culinary school, work, and the guys, sleep has become less and less of a priority for me.

Not that I necessarily mind. My dreams are finally coming true and I'm being fucked throughly nearly every night.

It couldn't get any better than that.

"Good morning," Kieran whispered against my skin, his soft lips pressed to my neck.

"Good morning."

"Did you sleep well?" He asked, grabbing my jaw and turning my head towards him so he could kiss me.

Okay, maybe it could.

Tobias was still asleep, his arms no longer around my body as it had been when we were cuddling. He was facing away from me, his back muscles exposed to me.

Waking up to them every morning was one of the best experiences in the world. It never failed to put a smile on my face.

"Shower with me," I whispered to Kieran.

I felt his cock twitch and pulsate against my ass at the idea, his labored breath fanning my neck.

I pulled away from him and scooted down to the foot of the bed. I kept as quiet as possible so I didn't wake Tobias. As much as I would have liked for him to join us, he worked pretty late last night and didn't get home until almost midnight.

Hurrying into Tobias' bathroom, I giggled when Kieran caught up to me. He had one hand on my hip while the other fondled my breasts.

I dipped my head back, moaning softly in his ear. Remembering why we were in the bathroom in the first place, I stepped away from him to turn on the shower.

I slipped in through the glass door and turned the knob. Cold water sprayed from the head before heating up pretty quickly.

The shower began to fog up, Kieran stepping into the shower with me. He had two wash rags in his hand. He gave me one and reached for the soap and bodywash.

I watched him wet his rag under the water and work the soap, and the bodywash into a foamy white lather.

I did the same, before proceeding to scrub last night's sex off my body.

"You never told me what that date meant," I realized, pointing to the tattoo on his rib cage.

"It's the date of my parents death." He took deep breaths, trying to suppress the pain it still caused him to discuss such a traumatizing topic.

I remember him telling me the day his parents died. It was raining pretty hard that day and his dad, who was behind the wheel, lost control of the car. They drove straight off a bridge and into the ocean below.

Kieran was two years old at the same, but remembers that day like it was yesterday. It's why he's so afraid of water, the mere thought of even stepping foot in a pool triggering his PTSD.

"I often wonder why I survived and they didn't. Perhaps it was because the man upstairs wanted to punish me." His eyes were brimming with tears, his bottom lip quivering. "Sometimes I wish he took me instead."