Chapter 13

"Fuck, my head hurts," Kieran groans, walking into the dining hall with his hand pressed against his forehead.

He's quick to apologize for cursing around Olivia and Sadie. But fails to keep from cursing a second and third time.

"Why the hell is it so bright in this damn house?"

"Mind your manners, Mr. Andrews," Ruth chides, setting a glass of water and some migraine medicine out on the table for him. "Take this. It will make you feel better."

Turning her attention to Tobias, she offers him another cup of coffee but he refuses. "No thank you, Ruth."

She nods, smiling at him before fixing Kieran a plate and cleaning off the table from breakfast with the help of Margaret.

Olivia and Sadie both stand up, slipping their backpacks on before giving me a hug. "Have a great day at school you two." After watching them leave, I left to go ready for work.

Working for Tobias at his company is actually going pretty well. I'm making a decent amount of money and all of his employees are very kind. They're so kind that it's almost too much.

It's a foreign feeling. When I was at my old job no one even cracked a smile. I was ignored by everyone. It was like I was invisible. I don't even know why I was hired in the first place if they were just going to treat me like shit.

Despite how shitty they treated me while I was under their employment, I guess I should be thanking them.

If they hadn't fired me, I wouldn't be living in this nice ass house with two fine ass men, and making way more money than I ever had in a month's salary.

****

"Your meeting starts in five minutes, Tob- Mr. Grant," I corrected quickly, as Tobias looked up at me with a raised brow.

I don't think I'll ever get used to that.

Closing his laptop, he walked out from behind his desk and walked out into the hallway. Following him, I cursed under my breath. Tobias is such a fast paced walker, which makes it difficult to keep up with him as I'm wearing heels.

I huffed, growing frustrated. "Can you please sl-" He stopped abruptly. I had no time to stop myself as I ran straight into him.

He turned, a scowl on his face as he glowered down at me in annoyance. "Watch where you're going," he snarled.

"Seriously? You're the one who decided to fucking stop in the middle of the hall," I snapped back.

He growled. "Watch your mouth, Elle."

"Or what?" I challenged. "You'll take me over your knee and spank me?"

Tobias opened his mouth to speak, but stopped when he caught one of his employees walking past us. The petite woman nodded at her boss, before continuing down the hall.

Glaring at me, he turned around and walked away. Following suit, we headed inside the conference room. Tobias took a seat at the head of the table, everyone else already seated at the table.

I sat in the empty chair by Tobias, which was directly across from his secretary. I wasn't a fan of her. She's always openly flirting with him, trying to seduce him with her large silicon breasts.

Fortunately for me, he doesn't seem to have any interest in her. Though Tobias doesn't show much interest in anything except his phone, he makes it quite obvious that he doesn't want her. He completely ignores her advances, which brings a smile to my face and a frown to hers.

His secretary, whose name I didn't care to take the time to learn or remember, stared at me with a look of disdain.

Her hatred for me has been made clear to me since that night at the office party when she and a few other employees watched me dance with their boss.

"That won't work," I heard Tobias say, his low voice filled with authority. His presence demands attention and I would be lying if I said that didn't make my panties wet.

"What about lowering the prices..." The guy who spoke up stopped talking when he caught the death stare on his boss' face. He swallowed, his adam's apple bobbing up and down in his throat as he looked down.

He sighed, sexily wiping his mouth with his hand. "This was a waste of time." 

Scooting his swivel chair back, he stood to his feet. And that's when an idea popped into my head. "What about a deal? You know, buy one get one a certain percentage off?" I chimed in.

Tobias sat back down, his attention now on me. I swallowed, feeling the pressure under his intimidating gaze. Everyone looked at me, a few of them showing obvious signs of jealousy.

"I'm listening."

 I shifted in my seat, clearing my throat. "Well, everyone loves a deal. So what if-"

"She's just an assistant, boss. She makes us coffee for fuck's sake," the guy who got his idea shot down said, his nostrils flared in anger. "She shouldn't even be allowed to-"

Tobias' icy gaze flickered to him and once again he fell quiet. "Interrupt her again and you will be fired without a second thought," he growled.

He didn't speak again.

Tobias brought his gaze back to me. Straightening my spine, I proceeded to tell him the rest of my idea. By the time I finished, he was approving my idea and walking out of the conference.

On my way out, I was praised by a few of the workers, while others watched with bitter expressions on their faces.

I flashed Tobias' secretary with a smug smile and flipped off the guy who had so rudely interrupted me, before leaving the conference with a proud sashay of my hips.

Suck my dick, bitches!

****

"You should have seen me today," I said to Kieran with a beaming smile, having just finished telling him about what happened at work in the conference room. "I was a total bad bitch."

He wasn't able to come with us to work, because he was still recovering from a hangover. Thankfully, with some sleep and Ruth nursing him back to health he was back to his normal self in no time.

"Oh yeah?" He smiled, glancing over at Tobias, who was sitting in the armchair with an open book in hand. "Is that right, Tobias? Was our girl a businesswoman today?"

He looked up from his book, staring at us with that emotionless expression of his. "She did alright."

Kieran, who was manspread on one end of the couch, rolled his eyes and brought his attention back to me. "Forget his Christian Grey ass," he said with a smile. "I'm proud of you, Elle."

"Thank you, Kieran."

I swear I saw Tobias smirk, but wasn't a hundred percent certain. If he had cracked even the slightest smile you would never know, because they don't ever last long enough for anyone to really see it.

Even so, I think he's finally starting to warm up to me.