What the Bible Says about Fathers

The Bible says Father's are not only a male leader for a family or a household-but are tasked to love their children. Father's should be one of their children's first teachers for living in this world. The world is dangerous and tempestuous, but is easier with a guide. Even in Biblical times it was very important to share a Father's wisdom. 
     The Father in the Bible is also tasked with honesty for and with their children. If children are wayward, rebellious, and uncontrollably acting out with sin - a Father should discipline them, so that a child will not put evil into the world. This does not excuse or condone abuse of children including harsh and unnecessary punishment, whether it be mental, physical, or verbal abuse. The Bible tells Fathers not to provoke their children, a Father's role is to be a loving guide for their children - not a harsh dictator or detached fear monger among his children. It is a Father's duty to provide for their family - not just food and shelter but love and an example of goodness.
     A Father's utmost responsibility is to bring their children to Christ. Pray for your children, and introduce them to a strengthening faith. Children are gifts, and we should bring them to the Lord early with instruction from the Bible before the ways of the world attempt to affect and tempt your young children.