The Case | 2

The misunderstanding still hadn't cleared up. The more days went by the less I thought it was a misunderstanding. I didn't want to think that way but with Xav's help I stayed faithful to my initial thoughts. Isabel's trial date was March 17th. That day would be in 2 days. I stayed home with Tanisha, Xavier. Mum and Jessie were working.

The bell rang and Xavier went to open the door. "What the fuck is he doing here ?" he mumbles to himself before Tanisha walks up to him. I followed her right away.

"Who the fuck are you ?" Tyrell drops his bag on the floor.

"Chill out,Ty." Tanisha smiles. "Ty this is Xavier. Xavier, this is Ty, my brother."

Tyrell stares him up and down and looks at me. "East side." Xavier looks at me dumbfounded.

"How'd he know ?"

"How'd he know ?" mimics Ty. He walks past him,purposely bumping into him before sitting on the couch. Xav slightly arches forward, pressing his palm against his shoulder.

"I never knew you had a brother," comments Xavier. "Why have you never mentioned him ?"

"He doesn't live with us." I answer

"Then why is he here ?"

"Why is he asking so many fucking questions ?" interjects Tyrell. We look back at him and walk closer to him. "Who is this guy ?"

"Ty, this is my boyfriend."

"The fuck ?" He snorts, "You're dating an East Sider ?"

"Tyrell, right ?" Xav gives out his hand.

"Speak."

He retreats his arm. "Why aren't you a Silver like us ?" Tyrell raises a brow and looks at Tanisha.

He sucks his teeth and looks away. "That's exactly why I joined the others."

"The others ? You're a Rox ?" blurts out Xav. He turns his head towards Sha before continuing. "Sha, shouldn't we get rid of him ? He's an opp-"

Ty stands up and pulls out his glock. "Try me."

"Put. Away. Your. Gun." orders Sha. "Xav, we're not getting rid of him."

"As a Leader you shouldn't let anyone get too close to you. They'll do you wrong." protests Xav.

"The fuck you know 'bout being a leader ?" threatens Ty.

"I almost became class president in elementary."

"Fuck out of here." Tyrell rolled his eyes and sat back on the couch. "Anyways, why did y'all make me come over ?"

"It's Izzy." I say.

"Yeah, I heard. Nate told me.  About her pregnancy and her getting taken into custody. When's the court date ?"

"The 17th." I reply.

"Wait, you talk to Nate ?" questions Xav. Tyrell looks at him sideways. "Aren't you betraying your gang ? Do they let you do that ?"

"Are you looking for a fight ? Fuck off."

I call him out."Ty !"

"Next time you mind my business, I'll..." He looks at me and pauses. "I'll be there on the 17th, don't worry. They won't know about this, trust." He gets up.

"You're leaving already ?" I ask. He looks back at my boyfriend.

"Yeah. I don't feel at home right now. Don't tell mum I came over. I don't want her to be sad that I didn't stay." He walks towards his bag, picks it up and before he walks out of the house he waves us bye.